Raven

Images flashed through my mind of all the things Ella might do when I arrived back at the orphanage. None of them came close to this.

As soon as I opened the door, Ella looked up. She was sitting alone at a round table in the dark kitchen. Her eyes were red and puffy, the table was covered with crumbled up tissues, some even strewn on the floor.

"Lily?" Ella sniffed. She looked at me like she didn't completely believe I was there.

"Yeah?"

She stared at me for a moment longer, then burst into hysterical sobs.

"Ella!" I said, running over to her. "What's wrong?"

"It's- It's-" Ella cried harder, her shoulders wracked with sobs. 

A few minutes passed, and after that time Ella was calm enough to speak. 

"So can you tell me what's wrong?" I asked again. 

She sniffed and blew her nose. "I know this may come as a shock to you, but..." she trailed off, took a deep breath, and said, "Your dad... he's near here. He's coming! You need to get out of here!"

My mouth hung open in shock.

"Ella. Could you give me a moment please?" I asked. She nodded and I looked at the boys, who were all still standing near the door, unsure of what to do. 

"Um... guys?" I said. "I don't wanna be mean, but... I'm not really ready for anyone to know my story." This implied that I was going to tell someone later. Yeah, right. Sharing secrets like that doesn't work out for me. People just play me like a piano and break me, then throw me out like an old dishrag when they're done with me. 

Then again, I knew that wouldn't happen to me with the boys. Not because I trusted them, no. 

Because who would adopt a worthless, broken girl like me, when they could have a pretty girl my age with long brown  hair and no issues?

"Who wouldn't change a raven for a dove?" -William Shakespeare, A Midsummer Night's Dream

___________________________

Ik, Ik, it's really REALLY short. But I have a life too! Girl's gotta eat sometimes, ya know? Ur lucky I updated at all. TOTAL WRITER'S BLOCK >.<

xx Hungry Amanda NOM. :O

Btw YES HANNAH I UPDATED FOR CHU UR WELCOME!