Chapter 14

_________________ 

Lily's POV 

_________________

"Soooo..." Liam grimaced at his feeble attempt at conversation.

"What do we do after this?" I asked.

"We," Louis said seriously. "Need to take you shopping."

I laughed, but stopped when I saw the look on his face. "Oh, you were serious?"

"No chiz." Louis replied sarcastically.

"Sorry..." I shrugged.

"But first, you're gonna in for us." Harry interrupted.

I shrunk into the leather seat. "Do I have to?" It felt like everyone was staring at me.

"Well, we'd really like it..." Liam clasped his hands together when he said this.

"No thanks, I'm gonna pass." I folded my arms, signaling the topic was closed.

The rest of the ride passed in an awkward, tense silence, weighing on the six of us (Paul had gone home for the day) like a cloud.

"We're here." The driver said gruffly.

"Thanks." Liam tossed some bank notes on the dash and stepped out. I followed him and gazed, slack- jawed, at the huge mall that stood in front of me.

"This thing is..." I searched for the right words.

"Fantastic?" Niall suggested.

"Awesome?" Zayn smiled.

"Fabulous?" Louis tried.

"Try all of the above!" I grinned.

I grabbed Harry's hand, and together we ran through the large glass doors.

Inside was an abundance of colourful shops and even more colourful people. They flitted around like butterflies, running in and out of shops, laden with bags on their arms.

I stood in awe for a moment, before Niall ruffled my hair. "Let's get you some new clothes."

I looked down at my old, mud- stained clothes, now torn in several places. "Yeah, that sounds like a good idea." I giggled.

We browsed along the first floor, looking for something. I never even DREAMED of going shopping, let alone owning any of the stuff the boys wanted to buy for me!

"Take anything you want." Liam gestured to a trendy, expensive shop on the corner.

"But that's so expensive!" I gasped.

"Doesn't matter." he dismissed with a wave of his hand. "Now go have fun!"

__________________________

Hours later, after having bought half the mall and the whole food court for Niall, we stumbled back to the car, laden with bags and boxes filled to the brim with my new clothes.

"Where'd we park again?" Liam scratched his head. I shrugged and looked around the lot.

My eyes met an unwelcome sight. My smile dropped, furrowing my brow. I rifled through my bags, until I found a hat, which I slapped on my head. I ducked my head down and walked at a quicker pace.

The very person I had hoped never to see again called my name.

Bri, the one and only, strutted up, her plastic cronies trailing on either side.

"Lily! Omigawd, how great to see you!" She flipped her glossy ponytail dramatically. She batted her eyelashes, which looked like she had applied her mascara with a bush not a brush, she had so much.

Why was she so nice to me?

"So I see you made some friends!" her voice dripped with sugar.

Oh, I see.

"Friend of yours?" Harry asked, quirking an eyebrow.

"Not exactly..." I whispered behind me. "Bri, will you give us a minute?" I smiled with false sweetness.

"Of course, hun!" Bri waggled her fingers in an annoying wave.

I turned my back to her and walked a few meters away. "No, Harry, she's not a friend."

"What is she?" Harry asked in confusion.

"Bully." I said darkly.

Harry's features transformed to a hard mask of anger. He opened his mouth to speak, but I cut him off.

"Let's just go." I pleaded.