Chapter 15

"Sure, let's go." Liam replied.

As we turned towards the car, Bri let out a hiss. "Run away, loser girl." I could practically hear her smirking.

And that was it. That was when I just... snapped. All the times she had hit me, called me names, tossed insults in my direction with her friends just burst out of me. I threw my things to the ground, marched right up to her and punched her right in the cheek.

"You little-"

"Let's get out of here!" I yelled. The boys and I grabbed our things and ran. We didn't stop until we were secure inside the van.

"WHAT-" Harry gasped for breath, "Was THAT?"

"Where do I begin..." I panted. "Let's see. She was the girl that bullied me the entire school year and USED to be my best friend before she found out my-" I almost barrelled on, but I stopped myself. "My family was... twisted. Then she left. Just like that. She dyed her hair blond, dyed her personality popular and never spoke to me again. She was cool. What was her use for me? Well, now, I'm a punching bag."

The boys stared at me in shock, but I continued.

"I- I'm sorry, Lily. I didn't know it was like that." Zayn spoke up.

"It's fine. It's the past now, right? Whatever. Let's get going." I hugged my knees to my chest and waited for a response.

Liam looked at me uncertainly, as if I was liable to explode into tears at any second, but turned to the wheel anyway. He pressed his foot to the pedal and we sped off.

On the inside though, I smiled. I'd gotten a new wardrobe and faced my bully all in one day.