progress.

And there's a storm you're starting now

-
(not related at all but PLS listen to the Can't Sleep - Vanic x K Flay remix it's SO FUCKING GOOD AMEN)

"Lukeyyy!" Michael cried as he bounded into Luke and Ashton's room. "Ashyyyy! Wakey wakey," He shook their bodies, trying to get the boys to wake up. "C'mon it's like eleven in the mor--SHIT YOU GUYS ARE NAKED."

Luke groaned, pulling the sheet back over himself. "Fuck off, Michael. It's Friday."

"Which means examination results!" Ashton chirped, suddenly very awake. "Up, Lukey!"

Luke groaned again, hitting both of the boys. "Why can't you just leave me alone? Who gives a damn about examinations results, I probably failed anyway."

"Actually..." Michael said as he pulled out three envelopes. "I think you should look at it. I may or may not have peeked."

"Go fuck Calum or something."

"Gladly! We'll be extra loud, just for you."

Ashton rolled his eyes, throwing a pillow at the pale boy. Michael simply laughed as he exited with a 'Toodles!', causing both Ashton and Luke to look at each other with looks of disbelief before bursting into giggles.

"Okay, okay," The honey haired boy said once they had calmed down. "Ready to open it? I promise that however you did, you tried your best. Recovery is a hard thing and takes time; a mark on a piece of paper doesn't define you."

The blonde stared at Ashton for a few seconds, a cheeky smirk on his face. "Okay Mr. Philosopher." He said, taking the small (and torn) envelope from Ash. They counted to three, before opening the envelopes that determined how much longer they were to stay.

Patient: Luke Hemmings, 18, #5604

Progress Report: -via Dr. Maya Gregory

Luke has shown a tremendous amount of progress over the past few weeks rather than the last five years. This may have to do with the help of his new roommate, Ashton Irwin, who I think was a better addition to his recovery. He now participates in our therapy sessions, and when he thinks he may not be able to brings Ashton as well. He's become a lot more open with discussing sensitive topics, and it isn't as hard for him to bring them up now. If all continues going well, Luke may be able to be discharged within the next five months to year.

Notes: Good job, Luke. Keep trying hard and soon you'll be out of here. x

Mark: 72

"I got a 72! Holy shit!" Luke exclaimed, looking down at the paper with wide eyes. Last time his mark had been a measly 58, so this was a huge improvement. He hugged Ashton tightly, pressing a quick kiss to his mouth. "How'd you do, baby?"

Patient: Ashton Irwin, 18, #8739

Progress Report: -via Dr. Brendan Mare and Dr. Gerard Way

Over the past few weeks, Dr. Way and I have each noticed the extra effort Ashton has been putting in. Dr. Way's examination results were of high appreciation, for he noticed how well Ashton's cuts have healed and how his weight gain has improved. I, Dr. Mare, have taken into account the participation he's put into our group discussions, and we both agree that moving Ashton in with patient Luke Hemmings was a good move, for they seem to be helping each other (noted by Dr. Way on all the "Luke"'s written on his wrists). Another few months to a year at the most and Ashton may be discharged.

Notes: Congratulations, Ashton. We hope to see a full recovery soon.

Mark: 78

Ashton stared down at his own paper, numbly feeling Luke pressing a kiss to his lips. "What's wrong, baby?"

"N-nothing," Ashton breathed. "Lukey, I got a seventy-eight. A seventy-eight."

"Oh my fuck," Luke said, eyes wide. "I think this calls for celebration sex."

And Ashton just grinned, because not only was he proud of himself, but Luke as well. Maybe after all, they could make it out. If they stuck together.

-

"Luke?" Ashton asked, his voice carrying through the pure upcoming-March air. It had been a few weeks, and Ashton had been thinking abut where he and Luke stood. There were the kisses and the hugs and the cuddles, as well as the occasional fuck, but what were they?

"Yes, Ashton?" Luke asked as he tried to fill out a form Dr. Maya had given him at their last session. Blink-182's First Date was playing from Calum's phone, which they had borrowed.

"What are we? Like, if I brought you out and were to introduce you to someone, what would I call you?"

Luke bit on his lip, setting the form aside. "I was kind of waiting for the right moment to ask, but I guess now's good, too," He chuckled, scratching the back of his neck. "So. Um, Ashton Fletcher Irwin, born on the seventh of July and older brother to two, will you be my boyfriend?"

The smile on Ashton's face was bright enough to light up the world, but he was Luke's world so it kind of lit up everything around them.

"Yes."

"You were supposed to say I do, but we'll save that for another day."

-

ok im gonna tell y'all a few things

one: my music playlist is rad as hell and i was listening to it while writing this, so i was contradicting everything i wrote depending on the song

1.1: alex turner fucked me up

two: if you want to know what Michael's examination results were just ask and I'll fit it in the next chapter/at the end of the book

three: wHO LIKES HALSEY BC IM LESBIAN AS HELL FOR HER BYE

four: yikes guys there's some intense stuff coming your way

five: i love you guys so much it's unreal, you guys are my whole world. <3

six: this book is ending in about ten-fifteen chapters and depending on what my friends think i should do there might be a huge plot twist ending that'll crush your souls bc tbfh i have only ever written one happy ending in all of my fanfics bye

seven: IDK WHEN THE NEXT UPDATE WILL BE I HAVE SUCH WRITER'S BLOCK

i love youuu

x kat