remember.

i wish that i could wake up with amnesia,
and forget about the stupid little things.
-

"Just keep on running--"

"Get away from here--"

"Please, Luke, don't stop--"

"We love you so much."

Luke clutched his head as the voices filled his head because he didn't want to remember what happened that night he didn't want to remember what they said he didn't want to remember where it happened he didn't want to remember how he felt he didn't want to remember anything.

Now, the institution, rehab, asylum, hell's, greenhouse wasn't exactly the best place to hide, but it was the calmest place he could find. He couldn't go to Michael's room, way too close, and he most definitely would not go see Dr. Maya, no matter how many times she told him to talk to her.

"Shut up," He whispered, rocking back and forth with his hands over his ears and his eyes glued shut. "Shutupshutupshutupshutup!"

But they wouldn't stop.

-

"Ashton! What the hell is wrong with you?" Calum yelled, yanking the cigarette out of the older boy's mouth and stomping on it. "Why the hell do you think we don't allow smoking in here?"

"I don't know, bad for the environment?" Ashton shrugged, flopping onto the almost too-small bed.

"No." Calum said sternly. "Because of patients like Luke."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means, dumbass, that fire is exactly the reason why Luke's here. Now don't be an even bigger twat, go find him, and apologize." Were Calum's last words before he stormed out of the room, leaving a confused Ashton on his own.

-

"Dinner will be served in ten minutes. All patients outside of their rooms must head back now."

Luke just tugged at his hair, not wanting to listen to the voice over the intercom. He didn't want to eat, or drink, who knows? Maybe he could starve to death. Or dehydrate. Anything.

"Luke? Luke, are you in here?"

The blonde stopped moving, lifting his head slightly at the sound of the caramel voice--because Ashton's voice sounded like caramel to Luke. "No."

Pause.

"Then who is?"

Footsteps.

"Not Luke, that's for sure."

Pause.

"Where is Luke?"

Internal scream.

"Dead."

-

i <3 luek so much!!11!!1

ps. i actually wasn't going to update lol but in honour of my missed twitcam :////