dinner.

"what, so you just, don't eat? but don't you get uncomfortable watching other people?"
"no. i just ignore it; food is revolting to be honest."

-

Fidgeting.

Fidgeting.

Fidgeting.

That's all Ashton did as he stared at the plate of food in front of him, brought by one of the nurses. Fettuccine and chicken was not his ideal meal; in reality, nothing was.

But that wasn't his fault.

Luke glanced over at the twitchy and fidgety lad that was now his roommate, who he had already almost told everything to. "Are you okay?" He asked, while putting a fork wrapped in noodles into his mouth. "Why aren't you eating?"

Ashton just shook his head, pushing the plate away. "Not hungry, that's all."

Luke waited

and waited

and waited

and waited

until

"I don't like liars."

He pushed the now empty plate away, sitting cross-legged on the small single bed. "Don't lie to me, please."

"I'm not--"

"You are. I've been watching you," Luke said, blushing slightly as he realized that sounded a little creepy. "That bracelet on your left arm, the one covered in red and yellow beads? You spin it around in circles when you lie. You did the same thing with Calum."

Ashton was appalled, because never had anyone ever paid that much attention to him. It was new and exciting and surprising and all kinds of different.

Ashton liked different.

"Why did you--Why were you watching?" Ashton asked, because he was still in awe and shock because Luke was even more, was--was--

was.

Luke's head dropped and he felt a shiver run up his spine. "I'm always watching. I--I like to watch. Is that weird? Oh--I--I'm sorry it is I just--I don't really, haven't really talked to anyone in a long time and this is all very new and strange and I--"

Ashton smiled a little but a little was enough for Luke because Ashton's smile was just so warm and hot chocolate that he melted inside but that was okay.