stars.

does it ever drive you crazy
just how fast the night
changes?

-

Luke never realized how much he liked to watch the stars.

He liked the way millions upon millions of little particles in the sky formed to make something so beautiful by working together and creating--this. A constellation of families like stars that loved each other.

Luke wanted that.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be right--Luke?"

Luke turned his head slightly, seeing a mop of unkept brown hair and blue-green eyes. "L-Louis?" He asked, squinting into the darkness.

Louis smiled, taking a seat next to him on the grass. "Hi. How are you? I heard you finally got a roommate."

Luke shrugged at the Englishman, picking at the green glades. "Yeah. I'm not too fond of him though."

Louis raised an eyebrow at him, crossing his sweater-clad arms. "Oh? Why not?"

Luke hugged his knees closer to his chest, staring up into the night sky as he toyed with his lip ring with his teeth. "Reasons."

He raised an eyebrow again. "Wait--he doesn't--he didn't--oh my god, he didn't!"

"Yeah."

"Luke," Louis breathed out, pulling him into a side hug. "I'm so sorry. Did you--did you tell him what happened?"

Luke's eyes clouded over with something grey like misery. "Not all of it. Some, maybe too much."

"I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault, it's okay."

There was an empty kind of silence where there were only thoughts and feelings and understanding.

"Hey Luke," Louis spoke up, standing after thirteen minutes. "Does it ever drive you crazy just how fast the night changes?"

And he was gone.

-

merry christmas !!!!