gaze.

Most depressed and suicidal kids don't get this but happiness is real. Happiness is a real thing and it's a real feeling and I swear, it is my mission to get you to feel it.

-
"Zayn!" Luke said with a smile upon seeing his friend. "Nice to see you back here, what's up?"

"Oh, nothing really," The black-haired boy said. "I'm just stopping by, I brought some food for you guys too." He winked, tossing Ashton a bag of Panda Express. "I actually can't stay long, so I'll see you anther time, okay?"

"Sure," Ashton said with a smile, standing beside Luke. "Bye."

Zayn smiled before leaving and Luke shut the door softly. It had been a quiet morning, both of them trying to relax today.

When Luke turned, his back was immediately pressed against the door, Ashton's lips forcedly pushing themselves against his own. "As-sh whoa--okay," Luke tripped over his words as he kissed back, his fingers threading through Ashton's thick honey hair. "What's this for?"

Ashton pulled away slightly, his eyes a darker shade of brown. "You're mine, okay? I don't give a damn how possessive that sounds because if you're the one who's going to own my heart, I'm going to be the one to own yours."

And Luke kind of nodded before sucking him off.

-

"Hey Mikey!" Luke chirped as he walked into Michael's room Wednesday, considering Ashton had group therapy. He frowned, however, upon seeing Michael's thoughtful state. "You alright?"

Michael just looked up at Luke, his lips forming a small pout as his eyebrows furrowed together. "Luke, I--I don't know what's happening to me. All I know is that Calum's tearing me apart, but I'm not sure if I want that."

"What do you mean he's tearing you apart?" Luke asked, siting down next to Michael on his unmade cot. "Has he been hurting you? Because I swear to God if he has I will not hesitate to whack his tiny ass--"

Michael chuckled lightly, placing a hand on Luke's thigh gently. "No, no it's not that. I just--oh gosh, I really like him. But I don't know how he feels about me, we haven't talked about it. What if I'm just a fling to excite him? Or if he finds someone else that he likes more? Where does that leave me?"

The blonde tilted his head slightly, wrapping an arm around Michael's petite frame. "Hey, I know for a fact Calum adores you. There's no way he'd leave you."

"How can you be so sure?"

"Well, at first I wasn't sure about Ashton--especially with the whole, like, smoking thing--but then I realized how much he was saving me and how I felt when he was around, and I decided to take a risk. I took a risk and let myself fall for him. I guess it worked out pretty nicely, didn't it?"

"I suppose it did."

-

"Whatcha doing?"

"Looking at the stars."

"But that's a ceiling."

"Though that may be correct, if you removed the padding, tile, concrete and special glue stuff, you would be able to see the constellations of the world."

Ashton bit his lip, but ended up lying down with his head next to Luke's and his feet hanging over the end of the bed. If he looked over he would see his lips, as well as the stubble on his chin that he refused to shave.

"Alright," He spoke, shifting around to make himself comfortable. His hands were intertwined on top of his stomach and he could hear rather than feel the breeze coming from the window. "Explain. What do you see in the sky right now?"

"Well that's another thing; right now I can't see anything, unless I had some kind of super power. But, I don't. Though I know that somewhere someone can see Orion's Belt, and someone else can see the Big Spoon. What can I see? Only what others see."

"Reaching into the depths of your thoughts?"

"Like I reach for my dreams, although those are drowning in your dimples."

Ashton laughed, and it was melodic and loud in a quiet kind of way where it repeated in Luke's head. He liked the sound of Jack Barakat's voice, but he absolutely and completely loved the sound of Ashton laughing.

"Hey Luke?"

"Yes, Ashton?"

"Is this what happiness feels like?"

"Huh?"

"Does happiness feel like what I feel when I'm with you?"

-

yo

quick update bc it's 12:47 am and I'm bored af

plus there's gonna be maybe one more slightly fluffy/filler chapter before drAMAAAAAAAA wee

I'm literally so excited for all of your hearts to be crushed oOPS

oh also fucking back off the rumours with zerrie and larry and blah blah blah because it's not cool, at all.

also! y'all can follow me on twitter if you want, I give lot of random updates and every once in a while a sneak peek ;) it's _hoodrunk_, and you can leave your user below so I follow back!

I love youuuu

x kat

ps. which bromance would you guys like to read for after this? I want to plan ahead so I don't stump myself lmao