burst.

"because when i don't scream, i feel like i might burst."

-

"You know, Luke, you can't keep abruptly leaving these sessions. You're required to stay the full hour."

"If you don't give a shit about me, I don't give two about you."

"Luke--"

"God, why do you people try so hard? There's no point. I won't get better. I can't get better. Your best bet is to just throw me out into the streets or something. There's nothing you can do. Not anymore."

"Anymore? What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means I'm about to burst, and I don't really care about who ends up being a casualty. My family is dead. My so-called friends don't care. I don't have anyone. At this point, I don't think I need anyone."

-

"You're not very good at keeping secrets," Calum sighed as he walked into Luke's room a few minutes after his therapy session. Luke was toying with a photograph, which he quickly shoved into his pocket. "What is that?"

He awkwardly coughed, looking out the window of his room. "Nothing, I just found it somewhere." Luke's dull blue eyes slowly made their way to Calum again. "What do you mean? Secrets?"

Calum sat down on the creaky cot also known as Luke's bed, fiddling with the thin sheets covering the old mattress. "I know, Luke. About the--thing."

Luke's blue eyes turned to a slightly silver titanium like metal walls were being built to hide everything he felt inside which was most definitely not okay.

"Is that all?" He asked, and his voice made Calum feel kind of like he was walking on a tight rope 60 feet above the ground.

"Um--no." Harder titanium. "I also know that--that--she said--the thing."

Luke just nodded, and turned away.

-

happy birthday louis !!!! x