Chapter 24

~Mark's P.O.V.~

        "Hey Mark!"  I turned from a book I was reading to see Erza with a sword in her hand and a confident smirk.  "Wanna battle?"

        "Mm, not right now Erza," I replied.

        "Oh, alright," she said calmly.  The sword in her hand disappeared.  "What are you doing down here anyways?  I didn't pin you for a book reader."

        "Just because I'm in the library doesn't mean I'm a bookworm," I said without looking at her.  "No offense to Levy of course."

        "I'm sure she doesn't mind," Erza chuckles.  "What are you reading anyways?"  I flinched as to how close she was next to me.  I turned around and hid the book behind me back.

        "J-just some magic books," I answered.

        "What kind of magic?" she asked curiously.  This is bad, if I lie, she's gonna kill destroy the guild while trying to kill me..

        "Memory magic," I reply simply.  Okay, that's not a lie.  

        "Oh, okay," she said.  "Wait, why are you reading a book like that?"  Crap, she asked it!  I can't tell her about Jessie!

        "T-to learn more about it of course!" I nervously laugh.  "Why else?"

        "Hmm, true," Erza said.  "Well, I'm going back up to get some cake.  Let's battle some time okay?"

        "You got it," I said with a fake smile.  When she left, I sighed with relief.  Dang that was too close..  I got back to researching about memory spells and finally found a powerful enough spell to actually effect Jessie.

        "Hmm, let's see, 'this is an ancient spell first made to make people forget about revenge and grudges with other bad people in their lives in the medieval times.  However, this spell can only be casted with certain conditions..."  When I read it, I dropped the book from shock.  "No way, that can't be....but if it is, then why..?"  My eyes widened as everything in my head just clicked.  All the pieces to the puzzle suddenly joined.  When it did, I bolted out of the library and the guild, leaving all the members confused.  "I can't be late, please don't tell me I'm too late.."  I muttered under my breath as I ran.  Wait, why am I running?  "Transformation Magic: light ray!"  My body turned into pure light, which is faster than sound itself.  I wasted no time and flew as fast as I could towards Sabertooth.  Please....don't tell me I'm too late, I can't be anymore...not to Jessie...