Chapter 10

~???'s P.O.V.~

I slammed open the doors, pissed as hell. Everyone who was in the room fell to one knee as I stomped into the entrance. "My lady, were you successful in your mission?" Hebi came over to me and bowed. I scowled at him, my lips pulling back to snarl.

"I do not have the girl, so what do you think?!" I snapped, making my subordinate flinch. There were some murmurs going around the hall, making me even more furious. "Be QUIET YOU BRATS!!" I yelled, stomping my white high heels deep into the tiled floor.  The whole building shook with my sheer force, and the entire crowd of useless people became dead silent.

"W-what will you do now milady?" Hebi stuttered, the pathetic man practically shaking with fear. A wicked smile grew on my lips.  I liked seeing people shake in fear.

"I may not have the girl, but her plans have backfired on herself, for now I know her weakness.." I answered, a smirk curling into my lips. I turned around and searched the sea of imbeciles. "Where is the dear, by the way? I have something that I need of him..."

"You called milady?" The man I wanted to see walked out of the shadows. His eyes showed no emotion and was as blue as the sea during a storm, and his dark rouge hair was slicked back, two strands of it framing each side of his face. His black cape was draped on his shoulders and flowed down his back.

"Ah, yes, I need you for this plan to work," I said, my wicked smile growing wider.

"Anything for you my lady," he replied emotionlessly.  "Does this involve...her?"

"Yes, it does, my dear," I smiled in a malevolent way, "and, if your mission is successful, you will get your revenge."

~Sting's P.O.V.~

"I'm so sorry Sting.." Mark muttered softly, trying to comfort me. It wasn't working.

"Why?" I whispered, not wanting to accept this. "Why would someone erase her memories of only me?" Why, why why why why why????

"Well, not exactly all of it," Lector reminded me in an encouraging tone. "She did say that she remembered that you were the Master of Sabertooth!"

"She probably remembers that only because that the caster did not erase her memories about Sabertooth," Mark sighed and ran a hand through his raven-black hair. His hair's the exact same color as Jessie's, a voice in my head noted. Kinda stupid you didn't realize their relationship earlier.

"I still can't believe this.." I muttered, ignoring the voice, "I still don't get why someone would want to do this.."

"'Why' doesn't matter right now Sting," Mark crossed his arms, reflecting his serious demeanor. "What matters now is how to get her memories back."  I wasn't listening as my own voice started to echo back in my head. Why why whY WHY WHY WHY???

"I still can't believe this.." I repeated.  Suddenly, I felt a really painful sensation on my cheek. "O-ow!" I yelled, the sharp pain pulling me back into reality. Rubbing my cheek, I glared at the perpetrator. "Why'd you slap me?"

"Because you need to focus, not mope!" Mark's eyebrow twitched with annoyance. At first I was angry, but I knew he was right, now wasn't the time to mope...

"Why are you helping me?" I frowned at him. If I saw myself from his perspective, I'd think I'd see a jackass who's hurt my own little sister, which I haven't seen in who knows how many years.

Mark's eyes softened and he smirked at me, showing off his canine-like teeth. "Because, although I am still a bit mad for what you did, Jessie wouldn't stop talking about you," Mark explained, "and it seems to me that she is quite into you." My eyes widened.

"H-how would you know?" I asked, my cheeks starting to turn red in embarrassment.

"Um, because it's been obvious?" said Mark in a "duh" tone.

"How obvious?"

"Um, when I met her, she was in a fancy dress. Jessie never likes dressing fancy, or so I'm told," Mark shrugged. "Besides, every time someone mentions you, she always blushes, so I think that's a dead giveaway as well." I never really noticed that, but I still don't believe someone as amazing as Jessie could fall in love with someone like me.. Suddenly the door opened to reveal Lexi.

"Hey Mark, Lector, Sting.." she said softly. She looked at me with pitiful eyes. She was holding a book in her hands. "I, um, got Jessie to go back to bed because her head was hurting and took this." She gave me the book. On the top, it said Jessie's Journal.

"Why'd you give this to me?" I asked her quietly.

"I know that there's a memory spell casted on her, despite what other people said," Lexi shot a glare towards Mark, "and well, I decided to explore this a little bit, and found something in her last entry.." She opened the book, flipped a couple pages, and held it for for me to take. Hesitantly, I reached it hand held the book.  The page that it was on read:

August 10th, x791

Dear journal,

Three days after finding Mark, I'm going to go on a quest with Natsu and the others to capture a magic stealing mage. I think it would be a good excuse to get my mind off of Sting, but honestly, who am I kidding? I can't stop thinking about how angry he must be at me. This kind of drama honestly has the worst time since I've been trying to confess my love for him.. I've tried for three months, and I think it's time to stop chickening out. But now, I'm not sure I'll ever get a chance to say how I feel. He doesn't have to return my feelings, but he atleast needs to know... That much is certain.

When I finished reading it, I slowly shut the book. "She really does love me.." I whispered to myself, but the people around me could hear it.

"Told you," grinned Lector and Mark.

"Well, I knew that for a long time," Lexi smiled. "I was just waiting to see which one of you would confess first." I looked down at the book.

'You alright Sting-kun?" asked Lector. I rubbed my eyes and looked back up with a smile on my lips.

"Yeah," I replied.

"So, what are we going to do?" Lexi asked anyone in the room.

"I'm going to get her memories back," I replied determinedly, standing up.

"There's the Sting we all know and get annoyed by!" Lexi smirked.

"Hey--!" I glared at her, but it only made her smirk grow.

"Just remember: you can't say that she lost her memories, or else she'll freak out," Mark reminded us before Lexi and I could get into a fight. Once again, I looked down at the book in my hands. I didn't think she loved me, but now that I know she does, her love is worth fighting for.