Chapter 33

~Sting's P.O.V.~ 

"Now now, this is honestly quite a surprise," Lady Hikari smirked, looking at a chained up Mark. "How were you ever able to reunite with your dear sister?" Mark scowled at the young white haired woman and tried to lunge for her, but the chains prevented him from doing so.  

"You, what business do you have with Jessie?!" Mark yelled angrily at her. She darkly chuckled in response.  

"Oh, I have important business with her," she responded. She turned her head to me. "And you, Sting Eucliffe. Can I say it's such a pleasure to see you in person?" I scowled at her. Her smirk grew wider as she tightened the grip around my neck, making me let out a struggled gasp.  

"Don't hurt him!" Jessie yelled. She took a step forward, and as a result my neck started to hurt even more.

"Nuh uh uh," Lady Hikari said, wagging her finger. "Take another step, and I'll snap his throat in half." Tears traveled down her crystal blue eyes, but she stopped moving.

"Please..." she whimpered.  

"You know, it's cute how this all happened you know?" Hikari snickered. "How I had came during one of your missions to tell you about what I've been doing to him?" My eyes widened. My eyes traveled down to the black feathery whip around me. It looked similar to... I thrashed even more.  

It was her. Those bright pink eyes, the menacing voice.

She was the one who made me betray and try to kill Jessie.

"That spell, you know, the memory one you had put on yourself? How it temporarily sealed your magic, all to keep me from hurting him right?" Lady Hikari said to Jessie. "I have to say, I was quite impressed that you could pull off such a powerful spell. But then again, you had also beaten that decoy I had put up to search for potential sources. Decoy? And that was when it hit me.

That old man that attacked Rogue and me.

"That man was alive," Jessie whispered. "Wasn't he?" Lady Hikari again chuckled.

"Yes, yes he was," she answered. "Quite a funny story. You see, he was the last person to talk to the love of my life." My vision was starting to turn black as my lungs felt like they were going to burst. "It was weird, how he and my daughter had perished in that fire, yet, he was alive. It just goes to show how both love and humans can be cruel, you know? It was quite obvious that I had to punish him for not saving my family." I let out another strangled gasp as the whip coiled even tighter around me, if that was possible. "I'm amazed, however, that you can still love this man even though he betrayed you and even tried to kill you."

" Please, he can't breathe!" Jessie yelled, desperateness in her voice. "I'll stay! I'll never escape just please let him go!!!"

"Ah yes, and then there's Hornet," Lady Hikari said, ignoring what Jessie had just said. She snapped the fingers of her free hand, and almost immediately a couple of people had tackled the spiky red haired man I had been eyeing.

"W-what the hell?!" he said in shock. "M-my lady?!"

"Oh don't worry Hornet," Lady Hikari waved off. "I was planning to kill you anyways."

"W-what?" he said in disbelief.

"You see, I know you've been a good member and all, but you still mean something to Jessie here sooo....yeah," Lady Hikari explained nonchalantly.

 'I..I can't lose consciousness..' I thought to myself, but the darkness was getting deeper. 'J-Jessie...' 

But then, all of a sudden, the ground started rumbling.

"Nani?" Lady Hikari exclaimed, letting go of the whip in the process. I fell to the ground and took in as much air as I could. Unfortunately, that didn't cure the lingering pain I still felt on my neck or my darkening vision. I tried to lift myself off the ground, but my body refused to work. I was however able to slightly lift my head to see Jessie being tackled by Skull Knight members. She didn't fight them, instead she looked at me and smiled weakly.

 "I love you," she mouthed.

And that was all I saw before completely blacking out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mwahahah, I'm evil. >:3

Anyways, came to say how do you like the story so far?

Please please please comment and vote!!!