Chapter 8

~Sting's P.O.V.~

        As soon as the train stopped, I stumbled out of it and ran (sort of) out of the train station, ignoring my flipping stomach.  I think I heard Lector yelling behind me, but I didn't want to stop to figure out what he was saying.  Luckily, the motion sickness soon wore off and I ran with lightning speed towards Fairy Tail.  I slammed the entrance door open.  "Where's Jessie?!" I asked, panting like crazy.  Everyone in the guild looked at me, stopping whatever they were doing.

        "Sting-kun, that's no way to enter!" Lector sighed when he caught up.

        "Sting," said a voice.  I looked up to see a boy with black messy hair, brown eyes, a dark green coat over a white shirt, and black slightly ripped jeans.  Yeah, for sure that was the boy hugging Jessie a couple days ago, and probably the person who called me, which means his name was Mark.  "Come with me," he said, turning around and walking away.  I gritted my teeth.  Who does he think he is?

        "Don't worry Sting-kun, I'll watch over Jessie-chan," Lector whispered.  I was hesitant at first, but nodded.

        "Alright," I said through gritted teeth.  Lector's wings appeared and he flew towards the infirmary.  I ran towards Mark, who disappeared behind a door.  I opened the door and closed it behind me.  The room seemed to be a meditating room, which, probably, has never been used before because I knew for a fact that Fairy Tail wasn't a meditating guild.  Mark was leaning on one of the golden walls, looking right at me.

        "What?" I growled coldly, anger still boiling inside me.  Mark scowled at me.

        "Don't 'what' me Sting," he said with a hint of anger.  "You've got some explaining to do.."

        "I think you're the one who should be explaining," I spat back.

        "Okay, if that's what you really think, fine, I'll explain," he said, getting off the wall and walking up  to me.  "What do you want to know?"

        "Who are you?  Why were you hugging Jessie?" I asked angrily.

        "I'm Mark Celestia," he said emotionlessly.  "Jessie's lost older brother."  My eyes widened and I could feel my stomach drop.

        "Lost brother?" I whispered.

        "Yup, me and Jessie were kidnapped sixteen years ago, and during that time we were seperated," he explained, "and on the night of your 'date', I finally found her, and the hugging was because she was happy to see me again."  I look down as my chest starts to burn with guilt.  "And now, for the last three days, she's been depressed, feeling guilty for absolutely nothing."  I put one of my hands to my eyes, trying my best not to cry.  

        "What have I...done..?" I said, barely above a whisper.  I thought I was about to fall to my knees when I felt a hand on my shoulder.  I looked back up to see Mark with a sad smile.  

        "It's okay, it's not your fault," he said sympathetically, "but there is something I need to tell you.."

        "Okay, wha--"

        "Sting-kun!!" Lector bursted through the door.  "Jessie-chan is awake!"

        "Really??" I said in disbelief.  When Lector nodded, I dashed out of the room, despite hearing Mark call me back.  I have to apologize to her! I thought as I ran out to the infirmary.  I slowed down when I got to the door.  When I opened it, I saw Jessie holding Lexi and petting her.  She still had her golden locket.  When she noticed me, she looked up.  "Jessie!" I said relieved to see her okay.  She looked at me weirdly.

        "Um, who are you?" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Loved it, hated it?  Comment please!

~Crystal