Chapter 34

Yay~, we reached 4k! ^-^

Hope you guys like this story as much as I love writing it!

Enjoy!

*Note: Please don't feel offended by anything in this chapter. I am not trying to be racist, I just think that the new character introduced in this chapter would look better black. Please don't comment anything that would count as being racist either.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Timeskip, ??? later~

~Sting's P.O.V.~

I slowly opened my eyes, the bright light making me squint for a second. When my eyes adjusted to the light, I realized I was looking up to a white ceiling of sorts. "Awake now are we?" a feminine yet authoritative voice said. I stiffened a bit when I saw a woman in her early 40's with chocolate brown skin and black hair looking down at me. She had chocolate-brown eyes that was the same shade of her skin. I also saw a certain brown Exceed tilt his head up to see me.

"Sting-kun!!" Lector cried out, a smile widening on his lips. He flew over to me and stood beside the woman. 

 "You're quite lucky to be alive you know," she stated, fixing her red-rimmed glasses. At first I wasn't sure what she was talking about, but then sudden recollection of what had happened hit me like a bullet to the head. I immediately tried to sit up, but the woman quickly pushed me down.

"Jessie!" I tried to yell out, but my voice was hoarse and it came out more like a whisper. My throat screamed out in pain because of it, but I didn't care. She wasn't captured. She can't have been.

"Sting, calm down!" the woman commanded, pushing me down.

"No!" I hoarsely yelled, struggling even more. The woman struggled for another second before sighing. She gently but firmly placed a hand on my shoulder, and a sense of calmness suddenly washed over me. My mind started getting a bit hazy and I could feel my body shutting down. My grip on the woman slowly faded away, and my body slumped onto the headboard.

"W-what did you do to Sting-kun?" I could hear Lector ask.

"Tch, don't worry cat," the woman tsked. "I just put a relaxation spell on him so that he wouldn't hurt himself even more by talking." She then turned her attention to me. "Sting, no more talking, okay?" she asked in a soothing voice. I closed my eyes, trying to fight the fuzziness I felt in my head.

"No..no, Jessie.." I croaked with what little coherence I had, although doing so made my throat burn once again in response. The woman softly tightened her grip on my shoulder, and I felt an overwhelming feeling of drowsiness wash over me, making the last bit of my will slip away.

"I know you're worried about Jessie, but your throat and voice won't get better if you keep using it," she said in a calm way. "Okay?" Without me even doing anything, my head lifted up and down on its own. I really wanted to know what was happening and who she was, but..something told me I shouldn't. "Good," the woman said with a thin smile. She let go of my shoulder and stood up. Almost immediately, Lector ran into my arms and cried.

"I'm so sorry Sting-kun.." he sobbed into my top. Even if I felt like I was in a stupor of sort, I manage to hug my buddy back. I then glanced up at the dark-skinned woman. I opened my mouth to say something, but I then remembered that I wasn't allowed to speak.

"Dana (pronounced Day-na)," she answered without me having to say a word. "Dr. Dana, and I rescued you kids." Kids? I again opened my mouth, but let out a tiny breath to represent a sigh.

 "Where's everyone else?" I slowly wrote with white light. I used to do that as a kid; that was how Weisslogia taught me how to write. Dr. Dana sighed.

"Mark woke up an hour ago, that pink cat went with him when he went for a walk, and that red-haired man..he's still in his room," she responded.

 "How long was I out?" I wrote, anxious to know the answer. She looked a bit hesitant to tell me at first, but then sighed again and took off her glasses.

"A day and a half," she answered, looking right at me. My eyes widened in shock and I just froze, every ounce of drowsiness immediately disappearing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gomen that it is short!

I just love cliffhangers~ :3

Oh well, comment, vote

~Crystal