Chapter 14

Hi minna-san!  Hope you read my first book, cause this'll be Sting's point of view of how they met~! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***Flashback-seven years ago***

~Sting's P.O.V.~

        "Are you sure this is a good idea Sting-kun?" asked six-year old Lector.  We were spying on a group of thieves that had just stolen a golden heart shaped locket.

        "C-course I'm s-s-sure Lector," I shivered before getting a fit of coughs.

        "Sting-kun, we should get you some medical help, you've been sick for the past week now.." Lector said in a worried tone.

        "W-we can't afford t-to lose these people," I insisted.  "B-besides, I-I'm fine."

        "If you say so.." Lector said, worry still in his voice.

        "Just st-stick to the plan," I said, my eyes on the locket.  "Three....two....one...NOW!"  Lector sprang onto the thief that was holding the locket's face and he dropped it.  I then picked it up and started running.  "Come on Lector!" I yelled, still running.  Lector let go and flew away from the now angry thieves.

        "GET HIM!!" one of the thieves yelled.  We both ran for our lives, but they were faster than I thought they would be.

        "Prominence whip!" one of them yelled, and a streams of fire shot toward us.  I dodged most of them, but some brushed against my arm, which burned like crazy.

        "AHH!!" I screamed in pain, but kept on running.

        "Sting-kun!" Lector said in worry.

        "D-don't worry about me!  Keep running!" I urged, trying to ignore the pain I felt on my arms.  As we were running, Lector began to get tired and trail behind me instead of beside.  "Hurry Lector!" I panted, looking behind me.  Because I wasn't looking forward, I bumped into someone and we tumbled down a hill.  As we did, I mostly got hit with rocks on the hill and felt something really sharp slit right through my forehead, but for some reason I didnt feel any pain.  Finally, we stopped tumbling when we reached the bottom of the hill.  "O-ow.." I said, feeling pain from all the spots where rocks hit me.  I opened my eyes and they widened.  Looking right at me was a girl with crystal blue eyes and black hair that was sprawled across the grass because of our tumble.  I quickly got up and muttered a "sorry".  Man she's cute, probably my age.  I seriously hope she didn't notice me blushing.

        "Sting-kun!  You okay??" I heard Lector yell.  He flew down the hill and towards me.

        "Yeah, I'm fine Lector," I replied.  Just then a magenta furred cat that looked to be the same age as Lector flew down the hill as well.  Huh, I thought only Lector could fly.  Is there a whole species?

        "Jessie you okay?" it asked.  Jessie?  Hmm, that name feels familiar....

        "I-I think," the girl answered while still looking at me.  When she saw I noticed she looked away.

        "Come back here thief!" Crap!  The thieves!  I panicked as the three thieves I stole the locket from run down the hill and straight towards me.  I backed away, and Lector followed.  For some reason though, the girl didn't back away.

        "Get back Lexi," I heard her whisper to her cat and it obeyed.

        "Hey girl, get out of our way before we beat you into a pulp," said the thief Lector sprang at.  "Our business is with the boy."