Chapter 29

Is this story going too fast?

If it is, tell me and I'll try to slow it down. I'm just really excited for what I have planned for this book!

Enjoy minna!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Jessie's P.O.V.~

         When Hornet left the room, Lady Hikari's lips curled upwards into a venomous smirk.  "So, I see you've seen how Hornet's been these past couple years," Hikari started talking, her smirk not faltering.  Despite the pain I still felt from being choked,  I bitterly scoffed.

        "Like I still care about him," lies escaped from my mouth.

        "My my, how merciless," Lady Hikari clearly feigned a gasp.  She then burst out laughing, her voice dripping with venom that was poisoning me with anger and confusion.  "Did you really expect me to believe that...act?"  My pupils dilated in fear.  

        "W...what?" I whispered.  She saw through it??

        "Of course I saw through it," she darkly chuckled.  "And yes, I can read your mind."

        "H-how...?" I managed to squeak in my state of fear and disbelief.

        "Well, it's not really 'read your mind' as it is looking through your memories," Hikari replied in a nonchalant tone.  "You see, I established a mental link with you when I commanded you to sleep.  That command is kinda like..a test run, if you will."  She chuckled a bit.  "You know, it's not just you who's been playing with your memories.  There's some kind of memory lock for your more deeper ones.  An advanced one at that, I can't seem to break it."  She shrugs, like talking about these things don't bother her.  "It doesn't matter anyways.  I didn't come here to speculate."  As soon as her pale pink lips start to grow into a wickedly malicious smile, I immediately know something's wrong.  My eyes instinctively drift to her hands, which were behind your back.  "Oh, so you noticed?  Took you long enough."  She revealed her hands from behind her back, which showed that she was holding  some kind of stamp in one of them.  "You know what this is right?" she asks, but I don't answer her; I'm too shocked to answer.  How, how does she have that?  Why does she have that?  my mind asks these questions, but I already know the answer deep down, and it's making my stomach curl in knots.  Her evil smile widened.  "Oh, good."

        "You can't mark me," I tried to say it confidently, but my voice was wavering.  "I already have a guild mark."

        "I'm aware of that, yes," Hikari said.  "So, that's why this is no ordinary stamp.  Oh no, this one is much more painful, and will erase any other guild marks on the person."  My eyes widened and I tried backing away from her, but my body was frozen with fear.  "Oh yeah, and also, you won't be able to get rid of it easily," she added, getting closer to me.

        "W-why do you need to mark me?" I asked shakily.

        "Well, one is because the stamp will be the way I transfer magic out of you for my needs, and two, because you were and still are with the Skull Knights."  She laughed maniacally, opening my prison door with a snap of her fingers.  This time my body listened to me and I was able to move away from her, but stopped right at the wall.  "Now now, don't struggle," Hikari laughed, taking ahold of my already bruised neck.  She held me off the ground.  "Oh yes, and because you wanted this oh so much.."  She took out the white clip Sting gave me from her black dress' pocket and clipped it over my hair, revealing my crystal blue Fairy Tail mark.  She then gently pressed the stamp over it, making it burn like hell.  I screamed, hard.  It felt as if it was incinerating my skin off, and the pain wouldn't stop.  Hikari licked her lips, actually getting pleasure from my raw screams.  When she was done, she let go of me, and I pathetically fell to the ground.  To my dismay, the pain didn't stop or fade.  It was still there.  "May that be your punishment for running away," Hikari sneered.  "And Hornet?  Don't worry, I'll make sure to kill him."  Hot tears streamed down my face as I thought about Hornet.  What I did to save him can't mean nothing in the end.  It can't. "That foolish man still thinks I'd spare him if I had a chance.  I guess it's time to prove him wrong, and maybe that blondie too."  She looked at me for my reaction, which was more tears falling.  "Shame that you too had made up for something I did just three months ago.  You two had such a good friendship.  Oh well, farewell for now, Jessie Celestia."  Her maniacal laughter echoed across the small cell as she left.  Tears now streamed down my face and rapidly dripped to the ground.

        "Hornet, Sting.." I whispered, my voice weak and shaky from crying.  "I'm so sorry.."

~Sting's P.O.V.~

        "Sting..."  My ears perked up to the sound of Jessie saying my name.  It was faint, but I could hear it.  

        "What is it Sting-kun?" Lector asked.  I quickly shushed him and waited for more sounds.  Just then rain started to pour, hard.

        "How can it change weather so quickly?" Mark observed.  "Could it be Juvi--"

        "SHH!" I shushed him, trying to listen to the pitter-patter of the rain.  I closed my eyes, and that's when I heard it.

        "I'm so sorry.."  My eyes widened.

        "JESSIE!" I yelled, running towards the direction of the voice.

        "O-oi, wait for us!" Lexi called after me, but I didn't slow down.  I didn't like the many reasons of why she had said that.

        "JESSIE I'M COMING!" I yelled out into the rain, my voice blending in with its constant downpour.