Chapter 9

~Jessie's P.O.V~

        O-ow...my head hurts a lot.  What the hell happened?  I knew I was on a bed.  I slowly opened my eyes to see Lexi and...a brown exceed?

        "Jessie-chan!" the brown exceed said with delight.  "Lexi-chan, wake up!  Jessie-chan's awake!"  Lexi's eyes immediately opened.

        "Jesshiee!" she squealed as she leaned on my head.

        "I'm alive Lexi, no need to be so dramatic.." I murmured.

        "I'm going to go tell Sting-kun!" the brown exceed said as he flew out of sight.  Sting...?  

        "What's my name?  What's your name?  How old are you?" Lexi bombarded me with questions.  It was a tradition she always did whenever I got really hurt, but the only thing that hurts is my head.

        "Lexi, Jessie Celestia, nineteen," I sighed.  I sat up and caressed Lexi's soft hair.  Just then a boy with spiky blond hair wearing blue vest with golden outer edges and gray fur that kinda looked like a feather boa on the inner edge.  It covered a beige colored top that exposed his...abdomen.  He had black pants with a white top held by black suspenders.  He had black shoes that had golden soles.  He kinda looked like he was the same age as me.  The brown exceed was behind him.

        "Jessie!" the boy said, relieved.  Relieved of what?  Why does he know my name?

        "Um, who are you?" I asked him.

~Sting's P.O.V.~

        What?  She doesn't...remember me?  No, this has to be a joke..  "C-come on Jessie, stop joking around," I said with a nervous smile.  She looked at me even more confused.

        "Um, I'm not joking, I don't know who you are," she said slowly.  "Should I?"  If I thought seeing her hug Mark was the worst pain ever, I was wrong, this is.

        "Aw come on Jessie, stop joking," said Lexi, but there was also a hint of doubt in her voice too.

        "Do you know him Lexi?" asked Jessie.

        "Um, yeah, you should too!" Lexi replied.

        "Well..." Jessie studied me.  "Oh, I know!  How could I forget?" I sighed.  Oh thank god..  "You're the new Master for Sabertooth, right?"  My heart felt like it sunk, got back up, then explouded into a million pieces.  I looked down, my spiky hair covering my eyes.  I've been....forgotten....

        "Sting-kun.." said Lector sadly. 

        "Hey little sis!" Mark bursted through the door.

        "Oh, hey Mark," greeted Jessie.  Oh, so she remembers him..

        "How you feeling?  Good?" Mark said, rather quickly.

        "Well, my--"

        "Okay good, look I'm going to snag this person here for a little while bye!" He than grabbed ahold of my arm and dragged me out of the infirmary.  Lector trailed beside me.  I didn't struggle in his grasp.  Mark dragged me back to the meditation room and closed the door behind him.

        "Why doesn't she remember me?" I asked as soon as the door closed.

        "Well, that's what I was trying to tell you before you ran off.." sighed Mark.

        "Wait, you know what's happening to her?" Lector asked.  He nodded in response.

        "See, although I'm not a multi magic mage like Jessie, I still can sense magic in or casted on someone," explained Mark, "and, well.."

        "What??" both me and Lector said in unison.

        "When I felt Jessie's forehead, I felt a very strong spell on her," He replied.  "It's so strong, I'm not even sure if there any mages who could cast it.."

        "What does the spell do?" I asked nervously. He gulped and rubbed the back of his head.

        "The spell is suppose to erase the existance of a specific memory.." he answered.  My eyes widened, but Lector looked confused.

        "What memory is that?" he asked.

        "The memory...of me," I whispered.