Chapter 23

~Jessie's P.O.V.~

        A couple minutes after telling him to get some sleep, I could feel Sting's chest falling up and down.  A grin curled onto my lips as soft snores escaped his lips. As much as I wanted to, I knew I couldn't stay here since I might wake him up, so I gently placed his head on the pillow of his bed and stood up to leave, but just as I was about to walk away, something tugged on my arm, stopping me.  "Don't..go..." Sting murmured quietly, his arms gently gripping mine. I slightly blushed, but can't help but wonder whether he's awake or not.  Well, that was different than what he had told me earlier, but, then again, he was really scared when he was awake. I frown, unsure whether or not it was such a great idea to stay.

        "Alright," I whispered, finally making up my mind. I sat back down on the bed and continued stroking his soft spiky hair, making Sting's lips curl into a smile.  I softly giggled.  He's so peaceful and cute when he's sleeping.

        "Hey Jess--"

        "Shhh!" I hushed Lexi when she came into the room.  I pointed to the sleeping Sting and she mouthed an "Oh."

        "What is it Lexi?" I whispered while still stroking Sting's hair.

        "Iya, I don't need you if you're busy.." she said slowly.

        "Just tell me what you want."

        "Well...I was just checking to see how Lector and Sting is, but I can see that they're fine...right?" Lexi explained.

        "Mm, they're alright," I answered, glancing over to Lector, who was still curled up into a ball on the bed beside Sting's.  I decided to not tell her about Sting waking up for a couple minutes, or the fact what he had said was still bothering me.  

        "Don't you see?  I've already hurt you before!"  "I've already gotten you kicked out of the guild..."

        It was weird.  I only met him yesterday..right?  What did he mean by 'I've already hurt you before'?  And Rogue was asking if I remembered if I got kicked out of the guild.  does this mean Sting really did something like this before?  

        "You okay Jessie?" Lexi asked, who had gone over to Lector a sleeping Lecor. I blinked a couple times, returning to reality.

        "Y-yeah, just thinking about something.." I replied.

        "Yeah..." Lexi agreed. A minute or so of awkward silence ensued with Lexi rubbing the back of her neck with her paw and me not trying to glare at Lexi and say, "What are you hiding from me?!"

        "Boys, you know?" Lexi attempted to break the silence with an awkward smile.

        "What do you mean?" I asked.  She shrugged.

        "Us girls always have to worry about them," she explained.

        "I guess I can't argue with that," I chuckled.  After a couple more minutes of silence, I couldn't stand not knowing anymore.

        "Are you not telling me something?" I blurted out in the silence.  Lexi looked at me with wide eyes.

        "W-what do you mean?" she stammered.  I was about to stand up, but then I remembered that Sting was still holding my arm, so instead I just scowled.

        "I heard you, Rogue, and Yukino talking about something!" I loudly whispered.  "What are you not telling me??"

      "N-nothing!" Lexi said and made her wings appear.  "I-I have to go..help Rogue!"  She then hurriedly scrambled out the room, leaving me very suspicious and a bit pissed.  What are they not telling me?