The Deathly Hallows

Sorry. Only one chapter today, but I'll publish two chapters tomorrow.

I sat in the cell. My stomach grumbled. I looked towards the stairs to see Snape walking towards me.

I walked towards the bars. Snape puts a finger to his lips. He unlocked the door and walked into the cell.

"I know you were friends with her. With them. Harley and Lily", I said.

"We'll speak of that later", Snape said. He takes out a knife. "This will hurt, but this symbol will help you and Potter".

"What symbol?" I asked.

"I'll explain later", Snape said as he went behind me. I felt the point of the knife touch the back of my neck. "Hold still". I felt a pain as the knife carved the symbol. I winced in pain.

"What is this mark?" I asked.

"This is the mark of the Deathly Hallows", Snape said.

"The Deathly Hallows is connected to this?" I asked.

"You know the story?" Snape asked.

"Remus read it to me", I said. "Three brothers were given a gift from Death. One brother was given a wand, the Elder wand. The second brother was given a resurrection stone. And the third was given a cloak of invisibility", I said. "The three objects make the Deathly Hallows. One Master of Death. I thought it was all a myth".

"It's not a myth. Voldemort is looking for the elder wand", Snape says.

"I found out it wasn't a myth when I learned the Resurrection stone is the reason I was born", I said. "Mom was hit by the killing curse twice. The first time, she was lucky to have the resurrection stone. She wasn't lucky the second time".

There was a silence. "You loved my aunt, didn't you? You two were friends. I saw her dead too. Not just my mother's. You were in love with Lily", I said.

"Miss Black", Snape said. "Some things are to be kept buried in the past".

"Yes sir", I said.

There was another silence until Snape said, "Don't forget about this mark, Miss Black", he said. I nodded.

Snape walked out of the cell and closed the door. He locked the cell.

"Professor?" I asked. Snape looked at me. "Three years ago, you told me to not let history repeat itself. What did you mean by that?"

Snape looks at me and didn't say anything. Then, he says, "You're right. About me and your aunt. I loved her, but she chose him".

Snape loved Lily, but she loved James.

Snape walked away without another word.

--

The next day, I heard someone running down the stairs. I saw Peter Pettigrew walk into my cell. I glared at him.

"How's your face?" I asked. I stood up.

"Iris Black", Pettigrew said.

"Don't call me that!" I shouted. Pettigrew took a step back. "That was my mother's name! You don't deserve to call me that! How could you betray your friends? How could you betray James? Lily? Harley? She loved you like a brother and you betrayed her! You arsehole!"

I punched Pettigrew in the face. "You look like her", Pettigrew said. "And Sirius".

"I hate you!" I shouted in anger.