Full Moon

I stood outside, standing next to the ocean. My bare feet were in the water. I had changed my outfit.

Two more hours until the sun sets

Two more hours until the sun sets. It was almost time for my first transformation. How was I supposed to go through this for the rest of my life? Would Neville hate me? He should.

Remus walked outside with the remaining Wolfsbane potion. "Drink this", he said. I gulped down the wolfsbane potion. "This may help too". Remus gave me a piece of chocolate.

I devoured the piece of chocolate. "Does it hurt? The transformation?" I asked.

"At first, but the more you transform, the less it hurts", Remus said.

"I...I'm very worried about tonight. What if I loose control? How can I go through this for the rest of my life?" I asked.

"It's not easy, Irina, I've gone through it since I was five. And you can get through it too. I believe in you", Remus said.

I spent the next two hours reading about werewolves while Remus was searching for a Wolfsbane potion.

My heart beats faster as the time went by. Finally, I was too worried that I stopped reading and looked out the window.

I changed into a different outfit.

I turned into my Animagus, a grey cat with green eyes

I turned into my Animagus, a grey cat with green eyes. I walked outside, unnoticed to Sirius and Remus. When I was outside, I changed into a human.

I walked closer to the water. Tears fell down my face. The sun began to set. I didn't want to go through this pain. I went through pain during my time at Malfoy Manor. I may have been used to excruciating pain, but I didn't want to endure it.

Sirius and Remus came outside. "Irina", Sirius said. I looked at him and Remus. "It's time, sweetheart".

--

I sat on the ground, taking deep breaths, preparing for the worst. I stood from the cold ground. I turned around to look at the sky. The clouds moved out of the way. The moon showed.

I clutched my stomach and grunted in pain. Tears fell down my face. Remus started his transformation. He made it look easy. It wasn't.

"Irina", Sirius said.

"I can't do this. Make it stop", I said as I sobbed.

"I can't stop it", Sirius said.

"Irina, don't fight it", Remus said as he transformed. I saw the nails on his fingers grow longer. And fur grew quickly onto his hands.

I grunted in pain. "Dad", I said. "It hurts. It hurts. I want it to end. I want it to end".

"I know you do", Sirius said. "The more you fight it, the more it'll hurt".

I yelped in pain. I sobbed. It felt like I was being tortured by the Cruciatus curse again.

The pain grew stronger. If that was possible. It felt like my bones had snapped.

"Irina, look at me. Look at me, sweetheart", Sirius said. I looked at my father. "You have to stop fighting it. Let it come through and the pain will pass".

"Dad, I'm scared", I said.

"I know you are. I know. But I'm right here, alright? I'm right here", Sirius said. I looked into his grey eyes. "After everything you've been through, you still stayed strong. I'm very proud of you, Iris".

I closed my eyes and let the transformation pass. When I opened my eyes, I was a werewolf.

My werewolf whimpered. "You did it, Iris", Sirius said. He smiled at me.

I looked at the moon and howled. Sirius transformed into his Animagus. The Black dog, Padfoot.

--

The rest of the night was a blur. I hope I didn't hurt anyone. When I woke up, I was laying next to the ocean. Half of my body was in the water. The rest of me laid on the shore.

Sirius and Remus walked towards me. I rubbed my eyes. "H-How did last night go? Did I hurt anyone?" I asked.

"No. You did it, Iris", Sirius said.

I chuckled with relief. I sat up, ready to get out of the water. I looked down and realized I was naked.

"Oh! Turn around! I'm naked!" I exclaimed.

"Irina, you were naked when you were born", Sirius said. "And we were both there on that night".

"That's not an excuse. I'm not a babe anymore. You're both male and I'm on the feminist side of humanity. I have body parts that men should not see", I said.

"Is that what you'll say to your husband?" Remus asked.

"Please tell me you brought a cloth or something", I said, changing the subject.

Sirius had one of his trench jackets in his hands. He wrapped it around me.

"Thank you", I said as he helped me up. I put my arms through the sleeves and closed the jacket. "How did I do? For my first transformation?"

"You did great. I'm proud of you", Remus said. I smiled at him. Sirius hugged me.

"I think we should do this when I'm not bare", I said. Sirius let go of me.

"Really, Iris?" Remus asked.

"Yes. I should be clothed. My werewolf form would agree", I said. "I must put on some clothes. This is embarrassing. Not to mention, inappropriate". I walked towards the house. Sirius and Remus followed behind me.