Worry Away

I walked downstairs early in the morning to see Remus and my father speaking to someone through a mirror.

As I was halfway down the stairs, I slipped and tumbled down until I was at the bottom of the stairs.

Remus and Sirius rushed towards me and helped me up.

"You're just as bad as Tonks. Are you alright?" Sirius asked.

"Yeah, I'm alright", I said.

I sat at the table. I saw Ginny on the other side of the mirror with Neville. I looked at the mirror in confusion. Remus went back to his conversation with Ginny and Neville.

"The mirror helps them communicate with us and the Order", Father said.

"Has anyone heard from Harry, Ron or Hermione?" I asked.

"No", Sirius said. "I'm sure they're alright". He wasn't good at hiding the fact that he was worried too.

I looked over at the mirror. I looked at Neville. He was handsome. Nerdy, but handsome.

I suppressed a smile and looked at the ground.

"Would you like to talk to him?" Sirius asked me. I looked at him. I didn't have to answer. He already knew my answer. "You're allowed to speak with him, Irina".

I started blushing. "I don't know to say, but I would love to talk to him", I said.

"Just say what first comes to mind", Sirius said.

I don't think he should've said that.

"Remus", Sirius said. Remus looked at him. Then, he looked at me and he suddenly understood.

"I'll cook breakfast", Remus said.

I walked in front of the mirror. "Irina", Neville said.

"Neville", I said.

"Hi".

"Hey".

Ginny walked out of view, but she came back and joined Dennis Creevey, Maya, Seamus and Dean in the background, who watched with interest.

I was never this nervous around others, but when it was just me and Neville, I was nervous as hell.

Okay. Stay calm. There are people around you. Wait. That's worse.

"Do you like cheese?" I asked.

I closed my eyes in embarrassment. I heard Maya, Seamus, Dean and Dennis laughing in the background.

"Speak the second thing that comes to mind", Sirius whispered.

"That's a dirty thought", I said.

"Third thing", Sirius said while Remus gave me a look of concern.

I looked at Neville. "How's Trevor?" I asked.

"Trevor's good", Neville said.

"Great", I said awkwardly.

"Yeah".

I opened my mouth to speak, but I noticed a scar on Neville's cheek. "Is that a scar?" I asked.

"They wanted us to practice the killing curse on sheep. I refused. If I don't do it tomorrow, they'll use the Crucio curse on me", Neville said.

After what happened to Neville's parents, the Crucio curse is the Unforgivable Curse which Neville fears the most.

"Bellatrix used it on you. How bad is the pain?" Neville asked.

"Do you want me to lie or do you want the truth?" I asked.