chapter 19

ariana's pov

dalton loosens his grip around my body.

"what is there to talk about?"

i sit in silence not wanting to admit what i had did, hoping he would do the work for me. dalton's expression changes once he comes to realize what i meant.

"look dalton-"

"you didn't call. you didn't text. nothing." he moves me off his lap and looks off into the distance of the quiet neighborhood.
"ariana we can't keep doing this forever"

"doing what?"

"being in this weird phase of an official-not official relationship. do you even like me like that?"

i place my hands on his thigh. "of course, i said "i love you" didn't i?"

"i don't think you meant it." he admits and gives an exasperated laugh. "in the moment i thought you really did but shit, now that i look back i can't tell."

"if i didn't mean it i wouldn't be here. i'm being serious dalton. i want something more with you."

i turn my head to face him and lean in for a kiss. he hesitates before kissing me back then pulling away with a furrowed brow.

"i- i'm sorry" i put my head down so he doesn't see me begin to cry.

this is not how i wanted tonight to go.

"you came into my life out of nowhere and became the only thing i ever thought about and then you just... you left." the sadness in his voice breaks my heart.

"i left because i love you. i love you and it fucking terrifies me. because i know that once you get tired of me you're going to leave," my throat closes and i start to choke up again. "...like all the others"

"woah, hey don't cry..." dalton lifts my tear-stricken face and wipes my tears. "i'm right here, i'm not leaving"

vic pulls up and waves through the window.

"the ride yours?" dalton asks. i nod.

he thinks for a bit and sighs. "look...i'll pick you up tomorrow night at 8. okay? text me when you get home so i know you're safe"

"okay" i give a small grin opening the door to my friends car. "it's a date."

an // 3K reads!? literally how this insane thank youuu