Reach out, there's still hope for him:

C. Pico:

something is coming, we can't deal with this alone.

For a while I've been feeling like something is watching us.

So far the corruption has been awfully quiet.

I froze as I heard the sound of sobbing interrupt my thoughts.

Crying echoed through the hallways as I turned and held out a hand to open the door.

When I opened it a was filled with a strong feeling of sorrow when I saw the other Pico on the ground crying his heart out, his wings were bandaged and bleeding.

I stood there tilted my head slightly to the side then walked up to him, opened my arms and engulfed him in a hug.

He looked up startled then wiped at his tears and leaned into my touch.

I leaned in as well and whispered in his ear.

"Your not alone." I told him softly and he teared up then pulled something out of his pocket, it was a red and blue cap.

I looked at it and realized what was going on.

His eyes were wide with emotion as he stared at the cap then held it close.

——— Later ———

I came into the emergency room to see the other Pico standing at the side of Keith's bed.

He was silent his face covered in shadow.

I gave him a sad glance then walked to the other bed in the room, where my Keith lay.

Both hadn't woken up, and it was hard to see them both hooked up to life support.

My companions heart had nearly stopped, and his had stopped breathing altogether.

Tables stood on the side of both beds flowers and cards covering the tops of both.

But both had different moods filling their half's, one side filled with worry and the other filled with somberness.

A gasp behind me pulled me out of my thoughts and I turned around to see the other Pico staring at his Keith's bed, he had placed his hand in Keith's.

I looked down and saw his Keith was squeezing his palm tightly in response.

I slightly smiled at the small action and the other Picos response.

A doctor came into the room holding a clipboard.

The other Pico turned to them as they tapped on his shoulder.

"We might have found a way to help your friend, though we can't repair the memories that were lost we could save him from death, but only if that's your choice." They told him.

He looked down the sheet, and his eyes widened for a moment.

"A brain transplant?" He asked, shock and confusion in his voice as he pulled down the clipboard.

"Yes but we'll need a willing donor." He replied.

——— TBC ———