Here comes a thought:

D. Pico's POV (I'm now calling him stereo finally some nicknames.): I stared blankly at the sheets of my bed feathers scattered around the room from another one of my emotional outbursts. Hawks was still outside, he heard the whole thing go on. When finally I went silent he opened the door to my room.

"Hey Pico-" he started.

"Just call me Stereo." I mumbled interrupting him.

"*sigh* well Stereo. I've been noticing it's like you have the weight of the world on your shoulders, I think you should take a break."

"No I can't take a break!" I shouted startling him.

"Why can't you take one." He asked.

"Because every time I take one, something goes wrong! I left his room for one minute to take a break, and now he's in the hospital barely breathing. He in a freaking coma all because I took a break." I said sobbing letting my emotional barriers break down as I cried in front of him. "It's my fault he's like this in the first place if I hadn't left him-"

"Shhh... it's okay, I think I can see the problem. You've been putting yourself under so much pressure to help him, you've forgotten about your mental well being. Please all I ask is that we can at least get you a therapist." Hawks proposed to me.

"Please, I don't want to go there, not again... please don't let them hurt me. They say they want to 'fix me'. But what does attempting to cut off my wings do to fix me." I said starting to hyperventilate.

"Huh?" Hawks asked.

"No, no no, please, don't take me back there, they'll do it again." I said I was clutching my chest at this point, my head was starting to hurt.

I shook violently then suddenly went still and closed my eyes. When I opened them again they were now the eyes of a broken person. Someone who had seen hell, when I spoke again my voice was deadly calm and in a deeper tone.

"What we're we talking about again?" I asked Hawks and his eyes widened in shock and concern.

"You really don't remember?" Hawks asked me and I just gave him a confused look. He sighed in concern telling me he was going to go talk to someone for a bit.

——— end of chapter ———

(Here's some ask material for you? Why am I avoiding the question of what happened to the characters.)