Mechanics of demons and angels:

Demons and angels:

They are not classified by good or evil but their personality does determine their rank.

Demons and angels can not cause harm to humans or other supernatural beings outside their classification.

The color of their aura and the effect it has on others is determined by their rank.

Aura colors dependent on rank:

Red: One of the healer ranks, you have an intense need to help others. (Capabilities are healing, restoring strength.)

Orange: One of the guardian ranks, intense need to protect others, whether physical health or emotional health. (Capabilities are... Healing, shield-crafting, and defense.)

Yellow: One of the apprentice ranks, finds enjoyment out of learning, reading and participating in scholarly activities. (Capabilities are, manipulating weather, manipulating environment, repressing senses if getting overwhelmed, and amplification or dimming of feelings or urges.)

Green: One of the advanced healer ranks, they have exceeded standard healing and can now mend breaks, fractures, or life threatening injuries.

Blue: Soldier or warrior rank, has offensive magic and can hurt others if needed. (Capabilities of magic are of all elements, can heal but not as strong.)

Purple: Natural born leader, kind and caring, willing to protect others. Can easily solve arguments. (Capabilities are, telling truth from lies, can make it so a person cannot lie in their visible range of sight.)

White and black: Citizens (Can heal but not as strong as a healer, shield crafting, stronger in large groups than alone, strength and knowledge is stronger, higher charisma and dexterity.)

All ranks can mask their auras and appear human or to avoid hybrid hunters.

Traits:

Demons and angels do not have special abilities, they both have wings and separate hybrid traits but that is not determined by anything other than genes. Demons and angels like all hybrids, extraordinarys, and supernaturals are all just as human as us.

How are supernaturals classified:

Supernaturals are classified from where they originate, from fairytales to brothers' Grimms and horror stories.

Why are dragons not classified as supernaturals:

Dragons are neither classified as extraordinarys or supernaturals due to their common nature; they are found in the wild and live among humans and other species. They are not targeted by hybrid hunters unless they are an uncommon subclass.

Subclasses:

Subclasses of angels are fallen angels, archangels, deities, and arch deities.

Subclasses of demons are ascended demons, archdemons, deities, and arch deities.

Why are they targeted:

Hybrid hunters target them for their wings, and the demon's horns and scales; they may also be captured for information of higher ranks and their weaknesses.

How are they made:

They can either be born through genetics, be artificially made, or be created when they heal a human on the brink of death.

Tools hybrid hunters use to catch them:

Nets are used when they take flight.

Brimstone is used to line their weapons because it's the only object they can't voluntarily phase through.

What is brimstone:

Brimstone is an uncommon mineral found in the glass caverns. In the apex realm, it's impossible to find.

Brimstone takes a crystal-like form similar to quartz.

It does have healing effects on those it touches which is why it is not banned but it is put under warning due to how it can be used for malicious purposes.

What are hybrid hunters:

Hybrid hunters are people who hunt down hybrids due to their rarity.

(Remember the ranks for they will be important in later chapters.)