4. Dead For Real

He walked away at jet speed and I struggled to reach him.

"Jackson..., listen to me. "

He was upset, and I knew it was all because of me.

"Jackson, please listen to me. He's a stranger and..., and nothing happened between us. I swear it's all just a misunderstanding. "

He walked towards his car which was parked on the roadside.

"Jackson."

I started crying. What's my fault other than not being able to control myself while drunk? He should have seen what's coming before all of that happened.

"Get inside. "

He said opening the passenger door.

"Jackson it's nothing like... --"

"Get inside the fucking car, Glory. "

He yelled making me jump. I obeyed him and sat inside. He slammed the door close and I got terrified. Something I haven't felt since the day he proposed to me. He got inside the driving seat and started the engine.

I didn't know how to convince him that it was all a misunderstanding.

"Jack... --"

He glared at me. His eyes conveyed enough that he's not in the mood of talking to me right now.

I stayed quiet while he drove the car. The ride home was quiet. He didn't spare a glance which made me feel very much guilty for yesterday night.

He dropped me home without saying anything and drove away. I hesitantly stepped inside our apartment and laid on the couch thinking about the whole thing.

The asshole ruined my life.

I slowly dozed off on the couch itself and slept for a considerably long while. When I woke up, the sunlight was piercing inside the windows hitting right on my face forcing me to get up. Time was almost two in the noon. I tried to call Jackson and it went straight to the voice mail. I kept trying again and again for hours and gave up eventually.

There was nothing to eat since he was bad at cooking. I called Bradley over and she brought some takeout for me to eat.

She trusted what I said and kept nodding until I told her the whole story.

"So he's not believing you? "

"I don't think so. Since it's all my fault, I blame myself for this all. "

"Well dear Juliet, since he doesn't believe you, he's an asshole. No one behaves normally when they're drunk, idiot. I was at my friend's house when I woke up today. She was even gay. I don't know why he's overreacting on this. "

I thought about it. He never behaves like this. It's the first time he's ever doubted me.

"You should just let him fuck off already. "

She said and I frowned.

"Hell no. He'll come back for sure. We just slept in the same car. We didn't sleep together. "

Then I recognised what I said. Bradley stared at me blankly.

"Right. That makes perfect sense. "

I rolled my eyes.

"I meant to say that... --"

My phone vibrated on my lap and looked down.

Jackson's text.

Jackson: I'm heading home for a while. Don't ask for how many days, just know I need some trustable human interactions before we speak again. Don't call me.