34. Still Hidden

We reached In front of Bradley's house and I jumped out of the car immediately rushing towards the front door. I pressed the doorbell several times not being able to contain my excitement of seeing my best friend after such a long exhausting number of days.

"Coming...! "

I heard her yell with a similar scratchy voice and I grinned happily.

The door swung open viewing a yawning Bradley holding the door. Her eyes met mine before going wide. The corners of her lips stretched to both sides touching her ears as she smiled at me and started to squeal with excitement and jumped on me. We laughed and jumped up and down together. We parted from each other when our faces were almost crimson red with all the laughing. Her eyes met the person behind me and her smile diminished.

"Hello...! "

He said smiling and she raised her brows looking at me smiling a little.

"I know, we have a lot to talk about. "

Before she could blurt out anything I hooked my arm through hers pulling her inside.

I told the whole story when she sat there eating a whole packet of nachos listening to the mystery thriller waiting for the climax and start spitting questions towards me.

The story ended strangely when my suspicions ended up on Ms Ivory and her son Tanner.

She sat there digesting the information when Nik was yawning being exhausted.

"Jackson came today and you broke up. And now you both are getting engaged? "

"As I said, I have to deal with him later. But before that, I have to expose the villain and then escape from the house. "

She blinked at me and thought about it.

"If the whole story was already written, the attack was also from the same party, I think. "

She said and I frowned.

"Relatable. "

"But the real question is, why would she do that? "

Nik said finally and we both looked at him.

"If my father is not involved in any of the parts, why would she make up something like that to push you into the middle of this mess herself? It's not like, she can always be so sure about what would happen. "

He asked and Bradley spoke

"Because she wanted this to happen this way? "

I shook my head in confusion.

"But why did she choose me? I mean..., I'm not Princess Elizabeth to be one in a million. "

"That's right. She has such bad taste. "

Nik commented and I glared at him.

"Yeah, right. That's why your Lexi is the least of her favourites. "

"Exactly my point. "

I clenched my fist and he smirked at me.

"Maybe she always had this bad taste on liking, since you're her most favourite? "

"I'm not... --"

"Guys...? Could you please hold back your claws from each other for a moment and think about the thing over your conclusions once again? "

Bradley asked and I looked away from him distracting myself from the jerk.

"The real reason is still hidden. Why did she do it this way out of so many other techniques? "

"Wait, I forgot something. "

I said and placed my laptop on the table in front of us and turned it on.

"What is it? "

Nik asked when I inserted the pen drive Tanner gave me in the morning.

"I don't know, let's find it out. "

It was loading and we waited.

"Where did you get this? "

"I told you, he gave me this in the morning. But I forgot to see what's in it. "

The file appeared and I smiled rubbing my palms together getting ready to explore the juicy information.

I clicked on the icon and a page appeared which had a photo on the top.

It was Ms Ivory's younger self carrying a kid in her hands. I frowned at it.

"Who's that? "

I heard Nik asking and turned to face him.

"Is it any of you? "

"No way. She came into our house when we were almost six years old and she was hardly eighteen. "

"No wonder she looks like your sister. "

I said and he guffawed now scrolling through the data in the file.

"Now she's thirty-six. "

"And you're twenty-four. "

I guessed and he rolled his eyes at me.

"And I'm twenty. Bradley is already twenty one since she was born earlier and... --"

"Jackson? "

"Jackson is twenty too. We were even together in high school. But at that time, he used to ignore my existence. "

I chuckled and looked at him. He was shaking his head looking at the screen.

Bradley covered her mouth with her hands and I looked at the screen to find the reason for their strange behaviour.

Jackson's childhood pictures with a timestamp of different years. And his grown-up one at the end with his name under the last photo.

JACKSON ROBERT.