8. Better Be Safe

I sat inside the car with Nicklaus fighting the urge to start a conversation about his father who was the last thing I wanted to ask him about. But the enthusiasm inside me was saying otherwise. I nervously bit my nails contemplating with myself.

"Spit it already, or stop doing weird stuff like that inside my car. "

He said and I stopped biting my nonexistent nails and glared at him.

"Where is your dad? "

He fought a smirk and replied.

"I thought she told you everything. "

He said and I rolled my eyes.

"She said that he's dead. Not like I believe that. "

I said and he chuckled.

"She's his wife. Why do you think she's lying about him? "

"Didn't say she's lying either. "

He raised his brows and looked at me.

"What do you mean detective Glory? "

I looked at him and smirked.

"Maybe she believes so because she likes the lie than the bitter truth. "

He just shook his head looking back at the road still smirking.

"You won't argue, neither will you stop me from saying it? Means I'm somewhat right. "

"Shut up. "

He said chuckling displaying his dimples.

"I'm not planning on doing that for a while now. Because the ride is gonna be unnecessarily long and boring if I stay quiet. I wonder whether you go out or just stay home like the typical in-danger-family drama. Since your daddy is a gangster who's ruthless and lost, and maybe he's plotting a murder secretly. Or maybe he's watching over you all. And this is also possible, that since you're not loving him back, he's coming to take back everything he gave you. Maybe... --"

"Maybe he's searching for a weapon to attack us and kill all of us all in a split second and get over with it all at once. "

He said and I paused.

"That only requires a little bomb. He wouldn't be hunting for anything else to make it more obvious. "

I said guessing.

"Maybe he'll come for you since you know me. "

"I'm not your wife. We got committed today for just hours. He's not gonna hunt me down for...., wait. Why would he search for me? "

His smirk went wide when he kept ignoring me.

"When I'm not his concern. "

He looked at me for a split second and looked away.

"Guess what? "

"No way....! The place..., it's your..., it's a secret? "

He just laughed.

"No wonder. "

He played music for the rest of the ride since I sat quiet rewinding the things that happen back in the black, ancient mansion they call home. Everything about him is a mystery now.

He stopped the car right in front of the house and I sighed in content.

"Thanks for the ride. "

I said unbuckling my seatbelt when he kept smiling at me. Which was exceptionally dangerous, since he does that now and then I'm going to be trapped.