36. Won't You Stop Me?

"You what...? "

"Glory, are you serious? "

Bradley asked and I facepalmed myself.

"Great. Can you be more careless? "

"Guys, I think we need to go back and take it. "

Bradley said and Nik laughed dryly.

"In between the murder gang? No way. "

"Look, I know I screwed up, but it was all because you were not letting me think straight. "

"Well then, guess what? You're the meal to the sharks now. "

"Let's go back and just get it. "

"Yeah, and we sing Hail Mary in front of their gun points? Not happening. "

"Well then, let's sing we lost everything and drive home peacefully as nothing happened and get married. Happily ever after. "

I said matching his sarcasm and he gritted his teeth.

"Can't you get another copy of it? "

"After giving it all away? I got it hours ago. Do I look like a robot to you? I don't make Xerox copy of data using brain. "

"Guys........! Relax for a minute. We are not seeing Netflix series here. Think positive and think of a freaking solution. Think...! What if they're gone? "

Bradley said and I nodded agreeing to her.

"And what if they're still there, or inside the house searching for any... --"

He stopped and thought.

"No no no no no...! It can't be. They can't get it. We need to go back. They'll..., I can't imagine. Fuck...! "

He stopped the car and took a U-turn.

"We're going back. "

Within minutes we reached near the house and he stopped the car.

"Let's go. "

He got out of the car and I followed.

"Can I stay here? I can't take another round of Tom and Jerry with you guys. "

Bradley said and I rolled my eyes at her.

"Whatever. Give me your house keys."

She tossed the keys to me and I smiled. We both moved closer to the house and saw one man in front of the house pacing back and forth with his big gun.

"Awesome. You go through the back and I will strike him down. Go. "

I nodded and slowly moved towards the backdoor.

I tiptoed inside the house, locking the door behind me when I heard the footsteps inside and panicked.

What if they caught me?

I reached inside the kitchen and hid there. A man was passing through and he stopped in front of the island I was hiding behind. He got inside walking slowly with a frown like he knows I was there.

Fuck....!

He was coming closer and I fought the urge to give up on hiding. Because that's the last thing I learned.

Before his eyes could find me I heard the loud noise of breaking glass from the living room. He immediately ran to the spot and I stood up going behind him without making any noise.

I reached the spot and saw Nik pulling the laptop away from a guy who was trying to get it.

I saw his hand was bleeding. He saw me and relaxed.

"How good are you in catching this? "

He asked and I smirked.

"Oh, I'm excellent. "

He nodded before throwing it towards me. I caught it and ran towards the front door because he is sure as hell did clear the entrance at the first. We got outside and I closed the door.

I took out my phone and dialled 911.

I said a sad story and they believed me.

"Wooo, you got that planned, huh? "

"I'm not that stupid to leave them to chase us. "

I said and smirked. He chuckled and looked away. His face was not harmed but I couldn't see if he was beaten down his body.

"Are you hurt? "

"No....? "

He said like he's not sure.

"That's a lie. "

"No."

He said fighting a smile and I frowned my brows.

"Or you can check yourself. "

He said stepping closer with the signature smirk. I scrunched up my nose in disgust.

"Ewww....! "

He laughed and I pulled him away. He winced at the contact and I gasped.

"What happened? "

I asked approaching him and kept my hand on his chest where I pushed and he looked at me. His eyes were the same wild grey as I remember like all the time I got hypnotised in them.

"Are you gonna check? "

What?

He laughed at my expression and I gaped.

He was acting.

I clutched his collars and pulled for him to look at me. And he did.

I wanted to get angry, but I couldn't.

"What? "

His breath fanned my face as he asked in that dangerously low voice and I felt the wave of heat passed down my body.

His smirk died and he looked at me seriously. I almost forgot how perfect he was.

Not exactly.

But his eyes don't always let me admire them. Especially when it's this close.

He stepped closer to me and I tried to step back. He held my hands on his shirt and I loosened my grip. I swallowed when he inched his face closer to me.

He's going to kiss me?

"Won't you stop me? "

He connected our foreheads and sighed closing his eyes. I pulled away and he frowned. And then I kissed him.