21. I'm Miserable

I walked into mom's room determined to ask her about what I heard and saw her placing something inside her closet before locking it up

Why did she lock it?

She turned around and saw me. I noticed her being nervous, but she quickly covered it with a surprised expression.

She's hiding something from us.

I smiled getting inside.

"Nicklaus, did you have breakfast? "

"Yeah, I..., wanted to ask you about something. "

"Go on. "

She said sitting on the edge of her bed and I sat beside her.

"Where did you go in the morning itself? You didn't even wake me up when you left. "

She smiled wider taking my hand in her.

"It's nothing you should worry about. Like we both go out, I took them for a mini shopping. And we visited aunt Elizabeth on the way. I told her about Glory, and she was so happy to know that you're dating. "

She said and chuckled.

I frowned.

Why is everyone okay with her?

"I don't understand mom. Why is she okay? And Aunt Elizabeth never wanted me to marry an ordinary girl like her. "

She smiled shaking her head at me.

"Who told you she's anything near ordinary? "

I raised my brows.

What is going on here?

"Her father was a secret agent of crime branch. He wanted his daughter to be the same, but she came to the city away from her parents, trying to start again as a normal teenager. But then you got her. "

I shook my head in surprise.

"But what does that have to do with her being okay for me? "

"She can be like her father. We can train her. She's a fast learner. And most importantly, we can trust her. You know about her, and you love her. More than any other girls I bring for you, she will be a better choice. "

She said and I swallowed.

"And how did you know all these? "

She sighed before saying.

"I researched about her when she came here. You are going to live together, and I can't just sit simply enjoying the show. "

She said and shrugged.

"Yeah."

"And I know some mistakes should not be repeated. "

She sighed and stood up.

"I'm going to get fresh. You have to cook lunch today. Get up, get to work. "

She instructed turning to leave.

"Yes, Sir. "

I said standing up and she laughed.

"Take your lazy brothers too. "

I left her room as she headed to the bathroom.

Something is still fishy. She researched about her and couldn't find out that she's committed to another guy?

I climbed down the stairs to go to the kitchen when I saw Harry and Tanner playing a video game on the TV.

"Boys..., come help me in the kitchen. "

They didn't move a muscle to look at me and I rolled my eyes.

Seems like I have to do it all alone.

"Best of luck, brother. "

I left them walking to the kitchen. I knew cooking, but that was not at all the happiest thing to do on the earth for me. So I hate being alone in the kitchen.

I slowly moved towards the fridge to look for anything to start with.

"What do we have to boil today? "

I turned around frowning to look at Harry searching in the cupboard chewing the Apple in his one hand.

"You can make the salad, loser. "

Tanner said coming inside and glanced my way smirking.

"I'll make the stew. You fry bacon and eggs. "

"Perfect."

Harry said nodding and closed the cupboard approaching Tanner and hit his head before taking the fruit basket and they laughed. I shook my head smiling, turning back into the refrigerator taking out the bacon and some eggs.

#################

I tried to call Bradley for the Nth time today, but the line was not connecting. As a final try, I dialled her again getting irritated and this time I stood still looking at the screen waiting for the ring. And to my surprise, I heard her phone ringing and I smiled placing it near my ear.

She answered in the fourth ring.

"Glory....! "

"B....! I've missed you so much. I love you....! "

"Hold on. Take a breath. Don't die with excitement before I could even get a proper word. "

I laughed and sat on my bed.

All the worries were gone as soon as I heard her sound. I miss her like hell.

"How are you? "

She asked and I froze.

"I'm miserable. What about Jackson? How's he? "

She went silent for a moment.

"B...? "

"He's missing. "