39. Looking For Someone?

"What are you talking about? Did you meet him in the cafe? "

"Guess what, he even gave me his number. "

"What? "

I asked still confused.

That's impossible.

"She came to help me that day, and she was on a blind date. So after she was done with me, she went back to her date but he left her there. So another guy helped her with the bills and even gave her his number. "

I was shocked.

Did he go that far to help mom with her plans?

"I want to talk to him. "

I said angrily.

"Not now. He helped us with the information, remember? He was acting. Or maybe telling her was also among the plans? Letting her say all these to us too?"

Glory asked and I clenched my jaw at the thought.

He was hiding all of this from me.

"What did he told you after getting you alone? "

She asked Bradley and she sighed.

"He said that I can tell this to you both, but not to anyone else. Especially his mother. "

So that was also a plan.

"He wanted us to trust him. "

I said and stood up.

"He was playing this game all along. He knew it. "

"And he was trapped, Nik. God knows what all your mother told him to keep all these secrets from us. "

I shook it off. Maybe she's right. But I can't always live with the maybes. And I want the truth. I will get it when I start flipping the cards.

***

From the next day, the preparations started. The event management team was really big.

Even if the walls were not being painted new with bright colours, the curtains and lights did it to make it appear less creepy.

Tanner was surprisingly behaving okay with everything. Harry was sometimes MIA, and sometimes sitting somewhere alone doing his stuff. Mom was running around controlling things the whole day, Bradley and Glory were locked up in the room preparing their part of the plan. I tried to sneak up underground for weapons and managed to take some for the great day since it's always my mom who finds loopholes in any traps. So when I'm going to trap her, I have to prepare a bomb for everyone. Just can't trust her moves.

So after getting the weapons, I went to visit Glory for new updates. She did everything according to the plans and schedule, so now the only thing remaining is the perfect time to arrive.

***

"Harry, all you have to do is be with me and do what I say. Because when everyone is being creepy, mom can see what's coming. "

"Got it. "

He said straightening my tie.

"Don't wear suspicious expressions. Always smile. "

"Well, you are the one who should do that. "

I glared his way.

"Just listen to me. "

"I'm all ears, brother. Keep rambling. "

He said kneeling to tie my shoelaces.

"Do I look like joking? I'm serious. We have to bring the truth of why she's doing such stupid things. If these all were her plans, the attacks are probably her plans too. That means, she can do that again, putting all our lives in danger. "

"Yeah..., I got it, Klaus. Now relax and take long breaths and get rid of the red face. You look like you're baked. "

He said and chuckled.

"I'll send Tanner, get everything ready till he comes. "

He left with that and I looked back at my reflection in the mirror.

"You will have to say it, mom. I will make you say it. "

After I hid my secret weapons inside my dress, I adjusted it again making it appear normal.

These all are going to be over, once the secrets are revealed.

Tanner came after some time to explain the whole plan again.

We plan to add the pictures in the secret Pendrive on the projector. They will be shown after the old family photographs are viewed in front of everyone and start the whole enquiry thing. Because according to what she did, she has an explanation to do in front of everyone. And for what she did to Glory, she will be humiliated in front of all the guests. And then... After everything is over, if Glory doesn't want to go back to the typical normal life back in the city..., I'll make her officially one of our family.

I went down the stairs smiling at everyone who looked my way. Even if it was fake, I had to do it. At least until these, all was over once and for all.

Smiling fake is a tuff job when you don't mean it. Because every time you do it, it makes you feel worried if anyone can see through it. My mom is an expert in that. She knows how to hide behind that one smile. Saying, I'm never happier.

Harry was right beside me like I told him, smiling like he's the happiest person here. Tanner was dealing with the projector and Bradley was helping him, or distracting him sometimes. They were cute, together. Lexi was already standing nearby me like we are a couple and Glory was nowhere.

"Looking for someone? "

I looked back towards the stairs when she walked down the steps wearing that...

Her gown was flowing down her body like silk. She was looking perfect.

I want her.

And like always, when a problem is in a pause, the next one comes.

Our plans were almost going to start when he came.

"Hello...! won't you welcome me? "