40. Missed Me?

"Jackson...? "

Glory said frowning and I stepped forwards.

"Hello, Glory. It's pleasure to meet you again. And Nicklaus, congratulations man. You're gonna be engaged with my GIRLFRIEND. "

"We are not... --"

"Shh shh shh...! Stop making fights, guys. I'm not here for refreshing the lovely moments. I..., am here to enjoy the party. With my mother. "

Does he know?

I frowned. Mom was shocked and Harry was confused. All the guests were silent when he walked towards mom.

"Jackson, what are you doing here? "

Tanner asked being angry.

What is going on?

"Oh... Hi...! My dear, stepbrother. You know what, I can't keep waiting. This is fun. See? My supposed-to-be girlfriend is getting engaged. "

"Jackson, not the right time. "

"My dearest mother is getting successful in her plans on protecting her favourite adopted son by using her son for years. And you are playing games here with all of them. "

"What the hell are you talking about? "

I asked gritting my teeth and Tanner stepped forwards shaking his head.

"Klaus, he's... --"

"Stop. Not yet. What are you trying to say, Jackson? "

"Thank you. Your brother Tanner, is not helping you with anything like you think. He's here for revenge. "

"For what? "

"For stealing all the love from your father. No no no no..., his father. "

"He's my father too. "

He laughed and turned to mom. She was on the edge of crying.

"Why don't you tell him yourself, mother? "

And then he turned to Tanner who was not even looking into my eyes now.

"Or you can tell him. No? Fine, I'll tell him. Before my mother married Mr Michael, she had me. She was poor and young, so she gave me away for adoption. And when she married the world-famous gangster with twin sons, she had to look after them. You were also there, but she didn't know that you are not his son. But one day before leaving the house forever, he shared the secret with her. Then you saw him one last time when he was dying, right? The biggest sin he did, was when he told the secret to his most trusted son, Tanner. He didn't know that his most beloved son would be jealous of his stepbrother for being the most loved. "

I didn't speak.

He was jealous of me?

"Don't do this, Jackson. "

Mom said crying and I took a long shaky breath trying not to break.

"Don't stop him. "

I said and he smirked at me.

"Your mother used me to track Glory and investigate everything about her. She wanted everything you get, to be the best. First wrong move. Then she faked surprise, she faked to be unknown of everything. And she trusted the jealous son with her secrets. Second wrong move. She didn't ask me what I thought. She didn't even bother to think about getting me anything good. She stole my childhood by giving me to a family where I don't belong. And they always made me aware of it. Third wrong move. "

She broke down to the floor crying her eyes out.

"I am sorry. I didn't mean to. "

"One character is over. Now the clever fox himself. "