17. Don't Touch

I looked up at her. She was lost in thoughts.

"I sometimes only think about Nicklaus. The other two used to call me by my name at first. They even tried to avoid me and he was the one who convinced them that they're stuck with me. "

She chuckled nervously and pulled away from me.

"You're not supposed to sleep again. Come down for breakfast. Okay? "

I nodded smiling and she left.

She's lying.

After my morning activities, I went down to have my breakfast when I noticed Nicklaus was sitting in between them. And he was the first one to notice me coming. He smirked lightly before ignoring me.

Like I care.

I casually went down and sat beside Tanner who smiled at me.

"Hello, Nik. "

He looked up at me and nodded looking back into his plate.

Look at his attitude.

I took an apple from the bowl and took a bite glaring at his head.

Harry cleared his throat grabbing my attention.

"Can you pass the ketchup? "

I gave him the bottle and looked back at my bait. He was now looking at me. I twitched my eyes at him like a challenge and took another bite from the Apple. He stared at me more intensely and I could feel the weird feeling in my abdomen. Like someone put ice in there.

"So Glory, I was thinking about meeting your parents. "

Ms Ivory said and I looked at her.

Not happening at any cost.

"After all we have to talk to them about your relationship. "

"But we haven't decided on being serious yet, Ms Ivory. "

I said hoping that she'll drop the idea.

"Oh dear, I would love to see them in person. And what are you going to do if not marry each other? "

She surely wanna talk about this.

"What about his family? I mean, if they meet you, they would ask about his real family background. And, I can't say the truth in front of them. "

I said raising my brows intending to get inside her skin.

She shifted in her seat and cleared her throat. Nicklaus kept glaring at me and I ignored him.

She was going to speak when her phone started going off over the table. Before I could see the caller ID, she took it and excused herself to go aside and attend the call.

"What the hell were you doing? "

Nicklaus asked in a low and intimidating voice and I smiled at him.

"The same thing she was doing to me. "

I got up and went to the washbasin to wash my hands. I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed.

I have a lot to fix.

I wiped my mouth and hands running up to my room without waiting for another second.

I started unloading my stuff and keeping them in my new closet while thinking about the incidents that went by in the last few days. Everything changed in my life within one day. My whole future changed with just one misunderstanding. If only he would've trusted me that day.

I thought while stuffing the last dress into the shelf before closing it. I turned to see Harry entering my room looking down like he's thinking deeply about something.

His hand still had the band-aid on the spot I attacked him and just by seeing it I remember everything that happened the day and I wince inwardly.

"Didn't think you consider me alive. "

I said and he chuckled looking up.

"Trust me, I love to believe that. "

"So why are you here? "

He looked around my living space avoiding any eye contact and then rubbed the back of his neck with his palm twitching his eyes like he's contemplating on something he wants to tell me.

"What is it? "

I asked and he met my gaze before looking down sighing.

"Look..., I know it will sound weird, but... --"

"I'll sound crazy when I say this, but I love weird things. Since only weird things are happening in my life nowadays. "

He looked at me.

"I don't like you near my brother. "

What....?

"Sorry...? "

I asked frowning in confusion.

"I..., I don't think I can bear you becoming one of my family. "

He said honestly which made me feel ditched.

"I don't mean to hurt you, but you need to do something, if not for you then for us? For me? "

He asked being nice for the first time he ever been while talking to me.

That hurts.

He left saying that and I held myself together. The rest of the day went by like a blur. In between, I noticed Nick's leg which was plastered. And that reminded me that he got that for worrying about me.

Harry avoided me as always and I kept noticing his hand every time I see him and remembered that he got that for worrying about me too. Tanner get adjusted to anything, and we haven't talked since we've met, so I assume that he also has his problems because of me.

Nights are always terrible for me because whenever I lie down on the bed, I feel like I've missed doing something. I stood up giving up on trying more and stepped out of my room silently so that no one else could get bothered in my agony. I assumed all the family members are sleeping upstairs, so there will be only servants down the stairs. I started to survey my new residence since I haven't tried to do that in the past two days. I walked through so many corridors and found out the door to the underground. The door had a lock, but it was open. I just opened the door going down to discover something dark inside. I struggled to find the switches and when I did, I switched on the lights. The whole floor was full of varieties of weapons and practice dummies.

Interesting...!

No wonder Nicklaus is very confident that he can take care of himself.
He's trained.

I scanned through the different types of knives and daggers, all of them were sharp and pointed. After that, comes the bows and arrows, crossbows of different patterns and sizes, bows of different types which probably had different functions.

"Who uses these...? "

I decided to take one and try something new.

"Don't touch....! "

I heard from my back when I placed my hand on the shortest crossbow. I was going to turn when it hit right on my forehead.