11. Stay Home

I showed her actions to look away and thankfully she obeyed me.

"Is this a game? "

She asked in a sleepy voice and I facepalmed myself.

Stupid.

She slightly peeked at me through her hair and I understood that's my queue.

I showed her some crappy hand moments to say her to stand still, no matter what happens. I knew she was frowning with confusion, but I didn't have any other options.

Her face was hidden behind her hair and she was standing close to me. So my work became easier.

"Glory.....! Are you still sleeping in the kitchen?"

I asked loudly and the second I heard running footsteps fading away from behind me.

Awesome.

I stood up quickly grabbing the pocket knife from the table and my phone from the nightstand and grabbed her hand running into the washroom.

"What's going on? Why are we running? "

I locked the door and dragged her behind my bathtub curtain.

We got inside and laid there silently.

She blinked her eyes at me not knowing what's going on.

"We're trapped. "

I said and at the same time, the loud sound of gunshots started. We covered our mouths shut, crying silently. The sound continued for a long while before stopping suddenly. I knew we were not safe yet. And there is the big possibility of someone coming in here.

I heard someone trying to open the door. The person even called out my name a few times from outside. Then the door broke with a loud thud as it fell on the tiles and I took out the pocket knife standing up. I moved to one side close to the curtain waiting for anything to happen.

There was only the sound of one person walking slowly towards us, so I knew that I could do something. As soon as he held the curtain, I stabbed the knife in his hand making him yelp in pain and drop down on his knees as the gun fell.

"Harry...? "

He laid there groaning with pain. I started panicking even if I felt somewhat safe because it's him. He took off the knife from his palm which managed to reach the other side. Thanks to me.

"What the hell? Is this how you're gonna welcome me? "

I chuckled through tears and hugged him.

He saved me. He saved us.

I quickly pulled away surveying the wound. It was bleeding too much. I made him stand up and dragged him towards my bed and made him sit there.

"What are you doing? "

He asked and I ignored his question and started searching for the first aid box. I got it from a broken shelf. I grabbed a random cloth from nearby and reached him. He sat quietly as I wrapped the cloth just above his elbow tightly. Then I took some cotton and a bandaid to cover the wound from both sides. He kept biting his lips when I wiped the bloodstains around the wound and wrapped it with the band-aid.

"It's enough. Let's go. "

He stood up to leave when I held his hand stopping him. He turned to me with a questioning look.

"Now what? "

"Where is Nik? "

I asked and he stood still frowning a little at me. Then he jerked off my hand and shoved it into his jeans pocket.

"Shut up and come with me. And you..., "

He looked at Bradley.

"Can join us. I'll drop you by your house. "

Another question popped up in my mind and I stood up.

"How do you know my address. "

Then I realized it's a stupid question. He rolled his eyes looking away.

"I have a brother who dropped you off at this same house yesterday. And I don't have to answer all of your damn questions Ms..., whatever you are. "

"It's Glory. "

"Yeah, whatever. Now if you don't mind, shall we leave? "

Exactly remind me of his ass of a brother. Or maybe he's more of an ass than Nicklaus?

I glared at his back as he walked away. When I looked at Bradley, she was fighting a smile looking his way. I gaped and nudged her with my elbow and she yelped.

"What? "

She asked being irritated.

"What's that face? "

I asked frowning.

"What face? "

She asked massaging the spot.

"Like you saw the sexiest face of Justin Bieber? "

"Seriously? If that was the sexiest face of Justin Bieber, I would've already jumped over him, duffer. "

With no doubt.

"But he's hot enough. "

I rolled my eyes.

"And it's not like we're going to meet again. Before he leaves us behind and goes home alone, let's leave. "

She said and dragged me out of there.

I sat in the front seat with Harry. He made weird faces while using his wounded hand while driving. I kept looking at him secretly and wince internally.

We dropped off Bradley and continued our journey.

"Stop using it if you have pain. "

He stopped the car on a side when I said that. He turned to me with a hard expression.

"Who's gonna drive then? You made it difficult for me, so stop whining. "

"Huh...! Who's whining now? I don't have any intention of pissing you off. But I know you are hurt, so it was just supposed to be advice, okay? And my life is more shitty than this, now. First your brother, then your mother, then you, everyone are making it hell for me. So before showing this stupid grudge at me, think again. That why I'm actually in your life. "

He just shook his head at me before opening his door and getting out. He approached my side and opened the door.

"Get out. "

I frowned and stepped out. He got inside the passenger seat and closed the door.

"Drive."

He said and ignored me. I walked to the driver side and got inside closing the door. I started driving in silence. For a long while, I didn't look aside to check on Harry. But at some point, I felt sorry for his pain, since I caused it. So I looked at him and saw him sleeping peacefully leaning aside on the door. I smiled and looked at the car radio. I played it and raised the volume. All of me started playing and I smiled wider looking back at the road.

When I reached the junction before the highway, I noticed the big tree nearby. The skin was craved away from the middle as an accident had happened there. And it was not dry indicating it's a recent incident. That's when I remember the calls I received in the morning. I took out my phone from my pocket and checked. There were twenty missed calls from Nicklaus and a text message from him.

Nicklaus: I'm out of here. Stay home. No matter what.

###############

Vote and comment