Twenty four

"So have you guys set a date?"
Ava's voice caught me off guard as I climbed onto the bar stool. I furrowed my eyebrows, and looked towards Ryan, who was currently making breakfast at two in the afternoon. We hadn't really talked about it.

"not really, but I don't want it snowing on my wedding day." I replied, Ryan piped up, "or raining."

"That's nice. Gosh your lucky." Ava climbed into the chair next to me, and yanked my hand her way, staring at the piece of jewelry.

"I guess." I joked, just to get a rise out of Ryan. Ava grinned, and we both looked towards my mate. His head snapped my way, and he frowned lightly.

"I'm kidding," I finished, and rolled my eyes. He turned and continued to cook. "You, my friend, won't be getting any bacon, tonight." My eyes nearly popped out of my head. I turned to Ava who was choking her laughter. She was probably as embarrassed as I was.

Ava ran a hand across her face and laughed awkwardly, "I'll pretend I didn't hear that." I nodded my head.

"But anyways, you'll find your mate someday, and you'll get married then I'll be the one jealous." I grinned. Leaning into her ear, I mumbled a "he's becoming an old geezer."

Ava bursts into laughter, and I join in. I couldn't help myself. It was just a funny thing to say then.

"I don't think she'll be getting bacon from him." Ryan muttered. Ava shot him a glare, and flipped him the finger.

"Don't worry, Ave. I've got your back." I grinned. Wiggling my eyebrows at her. Her nose scrunched up, and she smiled.

"Me and ave are going to have a three some, for the bachelorette party, okay?" Ava giggled, and shook her head against it. "With some sexy stripper." I added, before he could comment.

He rolled his eyes, and slid pancakes onto a plate, then bacon onto a different one. "There." He mumbled, stirring the pan of scrambled eggs. I watched his face frown.

"Ryan, I was kidding." I said pouting. He looked up at me from where he was standing and ran his fingers through his hair.

"I know, I was too. I'll fuck you up tonight." I nearly choked on my water. The liquid in my mouth went spewing across the floor. Ava was awkwardly laughing, and she slid out of her chair.

"I'm uh, gonna go get Ethan so he can eat."

After Ava left, Ryan took the seat next to me after making too very large plates for us both.

"Strippers huh?" He chuckled, and pressed his lips against my cheek. Casually I shrugged.

"So when do you want the wedding?" He asked, breaking through the sound of the room. Blinking for a few seconds, I shrugged. "I sort of want a summer one."

"How about in July?"

"Sounds good. The fifteenth?"

"Why the fifteenth?"

"My lucky number, of course." I grinned, and pressed a kiss against his cheek. He faced me and caught a kiss on the lips. Giggling like a school girl, I turned back to my food.

"July 15th." He muttered under his breath. "Will that give us enough time to plan?" I grinned, and nodded my head.

"And what about the..?" He leaned back to see if Ava was coming. Potato. Code word.

"Potato? Let it be between us for now. Okay?"

"Okay, love. I won't tell a single soul about our potato were trying to plant." He leaned forward again and kissed my lips.

I took a bite of bacon, and grinned. "I might not need anymore bacon tonight, you gave me too much." I motioned to my plate, and he chuckled.

"We should have fireworks at our wedding." Ryan mentioned. I rolled my eyes, and took a bite of my pancake.

"As long as they don't kill us."