Three

Ryan:

"Welcome back." Father said a smile clearly on his face. I nodded my head in reply and began to climb the stairs.

I had made it to my room, and I stared at the ruffled bed sheets. I had two thoughts in my mind, and I pondered which had happened? A good nights rest, or was she having a nightmare?

I took a sharp intake of breath and smelt the air, it smelt beautiful. It was a lavender scent, sort of like laundry detergent. Slowly I found myself in the bathroom- before I spoke to her I needed to wash off the mess I had created.

We had found a group of rouges just near our territory, and I was for damn sure not letting them try anything. I had threatened them long ago and they deserved it.

I have had a hatred for the beasts since I have no idea when, and it's only increased as I have found out what some of them have done to my mate. It pained me to even imagine what she must have gone through.

Scorching hot water began to steam up the bathroom, and I stepped into the shower. I watched as blood drained off of me and vanished. To say I rushed was an understatement. It was the fastest shower I have taken in forever.

'Rayanne, I'm home. Where is she?' I mind linked my sister, with anticipation in my voice. All I wanted to do was hold the poor girl, to protect her. I couldn't get her out of my mind.

'I go by Anne.' She paused with a hiss. 'Anyways, were in the kitchen, I swear she's already eaten what? Two sandwiches!' She giggled

Questions raced through my mind, like I was some sort of sixteen year old school girl obsessing over some boy I didn't know. But, I am not a school girl- and I am defiantly not gay. She proves it.

She isn't what I expected as a mate.

Hell, after four years of searching I didn't really expect one anymore. I sort of just gave up. I mean, I'm 21 and going to be alpha soon, father would have made me marry his favorite girl. I'm just glad that she is female. I'm not into that homosexual stuff.

I imagined a girl less prettier than the girl that really is my mate. Bleach blond hair, fake boobs- you get the picture. Meet her at some party or something, so I didn't exactly play the hero.

She's more than I expected, and I haven't even gotten to see her fully. I don't even know her name and I'm already in love with this....this strange girl.

After I pulled a pair of sweatpants onto my body, I didn't bother to fix my hair, only running my fingers through it.

As I made my way towards the kitchen, I could hear powerful growls erupting from someone. "I'll kill you!" There was a fit of yells behind tears. It was very noticeable in the voice.

That voice.

"Hey! It's okay!" Anne yelled, I rush in and stand behind two of my men. They're laughing, and my blood boiles when I figure out who they are laughing at.

I quickly take one of my men against the wall, my hand presses against his neck. He hisses in pain and stared at me- the cocky smirk on his lips disappeared.

"Geeze man. What's your problem?!" Jason growled, not even attempting to struggle in my grip.

"You think it's funny now?"

"N--no sir. Sorry sir." His eyes shot towards the girl, who's shaking and trembling with fear. My eyes softened as I looked at her- I broke away to finish my business.

"Laugh at her again. I dare you." I released my grip on him, and shoved him behind me. Beta or not he will never ever disrespect my mate or anyone for that matter.