Thirteen

Ryan:

I hated to leave Taylor asleep in bed. Especially after what had happened last night. She was probably dazed in that one question, she kept hinting towards.

Four kids?

Her hair was sprawled out around her face, and her lips were puckered. It was hard to leave the hot mess asleep in my bed. I sat at the edge of the bed, and pushed on a pair of boots, silently watching her sleep. She looked peaceful.

The first few nights when I met her, she was afraid of me. Didn't want very much to do with me. Now, she'll just lay there and fall asleep.

I loved this girl. I'll love her when she's sick, angry, or any emotion. When she's old I'll still love her the same. No one can compare to the special bond.

I sound like a teenager, but it's true.

I have high hopes in her, but I don't want to push them. My father had been pushing me lately for the ceremonial run, and I would have to talk to her sometime today.

My mind traveled to when I first seen Taylor. She was covered in her own blood, scraped and bruised all over. She went through pure hell, and I don't think anyone can relate.

'Jason, watch over her while she's training, will you?' I shuffled out of the room, and down the stair case. I wasn't looking forward to the meeting I had to attend, but it should be worth it.

The meeting was pretty much pointless. To sum it up, we just needed to put in some extra training in a few general areas, and be ready for any rouge attacks. I knew they'd be coming and I know exactly why. I just didn't want to hear it.

"Do you know what today is?" Lucas, Taylor's best friend said with a grin. As much as I dislike how close they were, it seemed like it made her happy. I put too much trust into this guy. I shook my head in reply, and raised my eyebrow.

"Count down, to your....."

"Birthday?" I asked grinning. Lucas nodded and chuckled lightly. He was right, my birthday was coming up but I wasn't too excited for it. I mean I'll be 22.

"I'll just be a year older, Lucas." I simply stated with a roll of my eyes. "I don't really care," I shifted on my feet. I had been standing in one position too long, and I leaned against a tree.

"I'm telling Taylor." He grinned too wide. Of course he would. He always spoils things, but to be honest I kind of do want something from her. If that doesn't sound selfish.

My wolf went wild at the thought of Taylor, pulling me aside, and putting her lips..."can you please, keep your thoughts to yourself man?" Lucas laughed awkwardly. I guess he didn't want to know. I swallowed silently.

"Don't you tell her what I just thought. I'll kill you." I seethed. As much as I want it, I'd never ask Taylor, or even hint at it. I had too much respect for her, and she was too innocent. I'd feel horrible if I just asked her anyways. She's been through too much.

I caught him rolling his eyes and growled, he threw his arms up in defeat. "Relax man, I'm not going to tell her. This is a guy to guy talk." I grinned and shook my head, keeping my cool, "pretty much guy to girl." I pointed out, since he was I fact homosexual.

"You do know what she wants right?" Lucas asked. He had completely changed the subject, and I stood there listening to his conversation. "Probably as much as you want her to suck your dick, but anyways-"

"Get on with it," I growled. He doesn't need to say it aloud. I'm sure he's going to tell, but there's no need to blurt it out. I didn't understand what he was talking about. Not one bit.

"A baby." Lucas said casually. His eyes met mine, and a serious glaze came over them. He ment what he had said, and he didn't even take it as a joke. You've got to be kidding me. If she wanted one she'd tell me. "She's never said anything to me." I was completely confused. How did he know more about her than me? Was it because I was always working?

"Me neither, but have you seen the way she acts around Aiden? She's always holding him and smiling and her eyes light up when she sees him." Lucas shrugged. He casually cracked his knuckles, and looked at the ground. "Not that I really want you to knock up my friend, but she's your mate and-"

"Enough." I said. "I'll take your word on it. I'll ask at it or something but please, no more." I shook my head and glanced at the pack house a few miles back. We really needed to get back. He blew out a brisk breath.

"Your lucky." He simply stated. I looked up at him and gave him a small smile. "You'll find yours, soon." I watched him shake his head.

"no I won't." Questions raced through my mind. For some reason my wolf felt sympathy on him, and picked up a strange feeling. What happened? was he just too unsure? "why do you say that?" I breathed out. There was a pressure on my chest, like something was happening.

Fear grew on my wolf. I swallowed hard and Lucas picked up on it. This wasn't about him. This was different.

"Taylor." Lucas looked completely baffled.

I took off towards the pack house without even saying a word. Something was completely wrong. What happened to her?

The front door flung open, and a growl erupted from my throat. "Jason, where is she?!" I hissed. He looked completely afraid, and drew away from some ugly tramp, Brittany. She growled at me, but I wasn't in the mood to beat her. She would never hear the end of it soon.

He glanced around the room. "I told her to go cool off. I thought-" my fist collided with his jaw. I watched him clutch his face, and he gasped.

"You had better get your shit together, Jason. Get some men, and help me find her, or so help me-" I growled, turned on my heels and took off outside.