29.

I thought I'd be okay.

I woke up the following morning, wrapped in the arms of my mate. God I missed the feeling of his touch. I didn't realize it until he was actually surrounding me. I had been pushing him away, and everyone else the past few days.

I needed him. More than just the sweet little kisses, and the tight embrace he had me in. I needed all of him. To reconnect his wolf with mine. To let him know he still has me. But I was afraid. Of what? I wasn't for sure. But I always doubted myself.

I stared at his sleeping complexion. His eyebrows were knotted on his head as if he had a bad dream playing through his mind. It was hard to understand what he felt. Sometimes I just wished that I could read minds. His lips were pouted and a small swell was on the side of his lip. What happened?

I hadn't noticed before, but his left eye was slightly bruised. It was almost healed. What the hell happened? My hand raised and ran across his swollen lips. He twitched.

A small smile graced my lips, and I leaned forward touching my own to his. Pulling away I heard a sigh escaped his, and tug me closer to his body. My nails traced the muscles on his arm. God how I missed him.

"Is my Taylor back?" Ryan asked, his eyes slowly opening to meet mine. His voice was barely above a whisper as we laid in silence. I gave him a soft smile.

"I've always been here," I answered. I didn't have much to say at all. "I just locked myself away.." A sigh escaped my mouth.

His soft fingers grazed my cheek bone, and a small sigh escaped his own lips. "I know." He managed to breath out. Closing my eyes at his touch, I was just happy to be around him.

"I was serious about what I said last night Taylor." He breathed. I looked at him and gave him a soft smile. What was he talking about?

"I don't care if we can't have kids, as long as I have you. We can adopt, if you want. It doesn't matter to me I just need you. Hell, Taylor, I will lay down my title when I'm older and give it to someone who can handle it." His arms wrapped around me and I sighed. This was more than I thought. He would just let go of his title like that? It was unbelievable.

Then again, Ryan was a softie when it came to me. "But-" I started. I was stopped my his own voice.

"But nothing. This title means nothing without you." I stared him in the eyes. It was hard to take it all in.

"What happened to you?" I asked, tracing his pouting lip which had been busted earlier in the week. It was hardly noticeable, but I knew Ryan like the back of my hand. It wasn't there before.

"I got into a..little rumble with Dad." I shot up from my comfortable position and furrowed my eyebrows. "Why?" Was the only thing that came out of my mouth.

"It's not really important, please lay back down with me." Ryan said looking up at me. I gave him a look, and instead of laying next to him I laid ontop of him. My hands put up a barrier between our chests making my face close to his.

"That's not what I ment, but okay." Ryan flashed me a quick grin, and I shook my head. "Why?" I asked again. A slow growl erupted from my throat.

"Taylor." Ryan said. Almost begging me not to make him tell.

"You need to stop keeping stuff from me, Ryan!" I snapped. His eyes shot to mine in an instant and he blinked rapidly.

"I'm trying not to break you." He argued. His voice was equally as defiant as mine. I don't think I've ever heard him use such a tone. But neither has he.

"Tell me Ryan." He only blinked. Completely ignoring the force coming from my body. My fingers dug into his chest.

"It was about you." He finally said. He breathing fell like he had been holding it in. I furrowed my eyebrows and loosened up my grip on him. Of course it was about me. When wasn't it?

"Taylor, I didn't want to tell you. Some things are just better to go unheard. Saturday night after you went to sleep he called me into his old office and talked to me about what happened. He forced the doctor to tell him, Taylor. He told me that you would never be good enough, and that I needed someone different. I told him to go to hell, and things went down hill from there." He sighed.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"There's nothing to be sorry about, Taylor." Ryan pushed a piece of hair behind my ear. I shook my head against it.

"You keep trying to fix me, Ryan. And all I'm doing is breaking you. Breaking everything." I sighed.

"Don't say that." He sighed back.

"But-" my comments went silent as his lips were gently places on mine.

-

"I didn't mean for that to happe-" Ryan started, rubbing the back of his neck. I simply threw my arms around his neck and smiled.

"Don't apologize." My lips touched his sweaty throat. The Adam's apple bobbed as he swallowed his breath. "I mean, your great at sex." I giggled and dug my face into his neck. Ryan laughed lightly, and wrapped an arm over my hip. His fingers trailed up and down the curves of my backside.

"Your not too bad either." He chuckled and I shook my head. I looked up to see his tongue poking out of his mouth in a smile.

"Sex before marriage is horrible you know?" I smirked. He snorted and raised an eyebrow.

"Says the girl that marked me first? Taylor, I am hurt." He joked, placing his free hand over his head.

"Whore." I mumbled under my breath.
He cheekily replied by kissing my temple. "What ever you want me to be."

I rolled my eyes. "You look gross, go shower." I was trying to get some space between us. It was hot and I was sticky. As much as I loved his hands roaming my body I need him to move.

"Guess what Lucas told me." I said finally, after he didn't make any attempts to move. He continued to lay the way he was and stared down at me. A confused expression was on his face.

"I mean it was a couple weeks ago, but don't hurt him for telling me." I started. Ryan shook his head and whispered something like "I would never."

"He told me you wanted something." I knew my face was heating up. A grin grew across his face.

"And what would that be?" I raised an eyebrow up at him.

"You want me." I grinned, pressing my lips to the corner of his mouth. My finger nail trailed down his chest. He smiled back. "Of course I want you, your all I want."

I was getting full of embarrassment. My fingers slowly went past his waist, and to his lower parts. "But you said I was too innocent. Ryan, I do believe you took my innocence, am I correct?"

"Yeah I did." He answered. "Go on with whatever it is I said." He mumbled. My finger traced the V on his abdomen.

"I can give it to you." I mumbled.
Ryan's eyes met mine and a frown grew on his face. "He didn't tell you that, did he?"

My lips pressed against his neck, as my fingers grazed his erection. "Taylor no." Ryan said.

"It's not like it's going to hurt me, Ryan." I mumbled.

"Taylor." He growled. His body shifted lightly as my touch got rougher on his body.

"So your turning down a blow?" I lifted my head to meet his eyes. A smile grew on his lips.

"You make everything hard to say no."