eighteen

"Ryan.." I groaned, digging my head into his arm. He chuckled lightly, and squeezed my side.

Currently, our naked bodies were tangled under the thin white sheets. It has been almost two weeks since I was finally home, and just yesterday my heat joined back in.

I sighed, and fluttered my eyes as he kissed my collar bone. "You really need to go and work," I muttered the best I could. I tried to sound serious, but it didn't help.

"I am working." He grinned, and lifted his head to meet my eyes. I felt my face flush red from the stare he was giving me.

"Seriously, Ryan. You need to work and I told your sister is watch Ethan." I pushed my hands against his chest until he pulled his weight off of me. He frowned, but quickly flashed his teeth at me and fell back on the bed.

I got dressed in a pair of shorts and a white tee shirt. I tossed a pair of boxers Ryan's way and exited the room as fast as I could.

As I made my way downstairs I lazily ran my fingers through my hair and hummed some old country song. I wasn't sure how I ended up remembering it.

Something about it reminded me of Lucas. I haven't gotten much time to talk to him, and I really needed to. I usually went in and say with him, but other than that I had nothing to really say to him.

speak of the devil. Lucas was sitting by himself in the front room, watching some old episode of house. His face was completely emotionless, other than the frown that seemed to have been glued there. I nearly broke down right there, seeing my best friend so broken.

My heart ached. Moments later Ryan mind linked me, because he felt the same pain. Are you okay? I replied a simple, yes, and brushed him from my mind.

What was it like to lose your mate? My head was pounding with questions, that would never be answered by anyone.

"Lucas?" I choked out. His eyes slowly lifted to meet my own, and I watched his lip quiver. He looked so sad.

"I'm watching Ethan today, do you want to just...talk?" I just had to get him to say something, anything. He hasn't said a word to anyone other than Ryan. It was really starting to pain me.

He shook his head no. A sudden anger filled me. Why wouldn't he just talk to me? "As your luna, I want you to talk to me." The words came out more forceful than I wanted. He furrowed his eyebrows but sighed. He silently nodded his head and turned back to the television.

It's short. I know.
But it's an update and I don't want to spoil anything (:::