Fifteen

This chapter even makes me mad smh.

______
Ryan:

My grandmother always told me that since the day we were born, we have begun to die. As much as I hate to admit it, I have to say it. Today I know, in all honesty that either my brother, Lucas, or myself will die. There's come a time when everyone might, and I might not be too lucky. If setting Taylor free ment me losing my own life so be it. All I want more than ever is to make sure she's safe.

The mark on her neck, the same one I share on mine, means more than just sex and bonding. I have vowed to protect her from so much, and made promises I will keep. I never knew how much it costed to be someone's mate, but I don't regret it. The moon goddess had created a perfect match, and I was ment to save her from this never ending nightmare.

I knew I loved her when I first met her, but when I lost her, I never realized how much I did until she was gone. It was like a piece of me was ripped out. I prayed the goddess would keep her alive, and give her back to me. I missed every thing about her. Her smile, and the way her eyes light up when I was around. If she was okay, would she see me the same? Would she be angry that I wasn't there to save her?

I vowed that when I got her back, I would never EVER let her leave my sight. Even if it made her mad, or upset. She had to be safe, because I couldn't lose her again. I wanted nothing more than to embrace her into a hug, and kiss her. To believe that she's okay.

I had joined my men in fighting off the gang of rouges. I didn't exactly know what to call them, but there were a few sacrificial tables around the room we were inside. The idea of some sort of werewolf colt kept crossing my mind.

The sound of painful cries was blocked out by a loud ringing in my ears; like when it's dead silent. I tore into another rouge, who hadn't exactly shifted when I got ahold of him.

Before I knew it, almost every rouge was down. My men had minor scratches and one had a fractured wrist. When I caught the slightest scent of something sweet, I rushed towards it.

I pushed a door open, and there stood Taylor. Her t-shirt was ripped and hardly covering her bruised body, and there was a silver knife to her throat. Behind her stood lucifer, with a scowl on his face.

my heart beat out of my chest. I choked on my own words trying to figure out what all I should say to keep my mate alive. "No, please." I choked.

my brother's face flipped into a grin.
"give me a good reason not to." Any reason wouldn't be good enough for him. He's wicked. My eyes were never taken off of Taylor who was struggling in his grip. She looked sickly skinny, and her body was almost white.

"No answer? That's what I thought." His laugh filled the room, slicing through the thickness of the bloody smell. It took me awhile to realize the smell was coming from his unbathed skin. It was revolting the even look at him. He was skin and bones, a cut up face and his eyes were pale. When he grinned again, there were gaps where his teeth had fallen out.

"don't worry Taylor," I cooed. She was crying and from her bruised eye it looked like they were squeezed shut. My heart seemed to fall to the floor. What was I supposed to do? He had the upper hand, if I didn't anything wrong she'd be gone.

"Hush, pup." He commented. I continued to growl. He had my mate, and was threatening her life to take my place. There's no way in hell he could taken either one of those things away from me.

I stood there for what seemed like hours, contemplating my options on what to do. I had to save my mates life, I couldn't live without her. Physically and mentally, of course. I wasn't sure what to do.