Fourteen

"Come on, Ryan. Let us take a break. It's been four days and we haven't even been able to rest." Jason heaved. He was really starting to make me mad. I've done nothing non stop, but search for my Taylor.

We had ran through the woods, and followed every trail. By now, they've all almost vanquished. It was really depressing.

Deep down, I knew that she was still out there. I'd not stop until I see her again. There was a chance that she could be dead, but id never think like that.

"Alpha, there's been a new trail. A rouge- he's been..watching us." One of my men breathed. He seemed exhausted, and I didn't even bring my eyes to meet his. "Catch him." I grunted. All of my men were acting like they've never learned any training before.

I had grown weaker over the period Taylor had been missing. I hadn't eaten or slept in four fucking days. I couldn't even shower.

It's my fault she's gone. I shouldn't have left her alone, she should have just come with me. I should have just killed lucifer when I had the chance. None of this would have happened.

I didn't notice until I felt hands try to pull me away, but I had my hand wrapped around Jason's neck. Growls erupted from my throat, as I pressed him harder against a tree. The color was fading from his face fast, and he clawed at my wrist. "I swear, after this is over I'm revoking your position. It's your fault she's gone. You should have looked after her instead of letting that, that bitch get in the way." I seethed through gritted teeth.

He growled back. He knew he made the mistake, and he deserved what he gets. Men pushed Jason away from me, and I stood there in silence.

"Alpha." Lucas yelled. I shot my head towards him as he came up. His face looked slightly better than before. He seemed to have perked up, why?

"I think I know where she is." My heart stopped. Did he really know?

Several cars of men pulled into a empty meadow. I scanned the area and dropped my head to the floor. "Lucas, is this some sick joke? There's nothing here." I growled. Tears formed in my eyes and I couldn't bare to look at anyone. Not even my father, who had come with us.

"It's here somewhere! It's i cellar. She has to be here." Lucas and my men spread out, kicking around in the dirt.

'Shes alive, you know.' My wolf murmured. He was weak, and he hadn't spoken in day. I sighed in relief. Maybe she was close, since he could actually talk to me.

On the car ride here, Lucas had told me everything. He and my brother were mates, and lucifer had completely rejected him after what had happened. Lucas followed him here on day and saw it. I don't understand why Lucas lied to me, but honestly I would feel guilty killing his mate, but Lucas himself gave me permission.

I understand how hard it is to function without a mate. I feel his pain. Hell, I couldn't even shift anymore after I lost Taylor, I couldn't imagine her dead.

I stared at the large willow tree, who's branched were worn down and starting to fall. It was old. There was a small pond, and the grass was high and yellowing from the cold. I stared at a flattened path, and found where it started.

"She's in there." I stated. I practically ran to the hidden door, and flung it open. I heard fits of yelling and screaming.

"Get down there, now." I barked. Staring at Lucas who was on his way down. I had stopped him with a hand on his shoulder. "You don't have to go in there." I whispered. He shook his head and swallowed.

"I have to, alpha. My luna is in there."