Twelve

Huh? Where are we? I rolled my head from side to side and attempted to figure out where I was. It was almost completely impossible from the blur of my vision. An immense throb on the side of my head made me groan weakly. My eyelids were heavy, and I struggled to keep them open. I had to.

My senses seemed to come back all together. The room was grey, with chains bound to the walls. I was imprisoned and I knew by who. The smell was one of the things I would always remember. It smelt like death; blood; him. My nostrils flared in anger.

I wasn't afraid of this man. He ment nothing to me, and would never be able to get to me. No matter how many faces he kills, and how many lies he says- I'll never fear him. My hate for him only boiled at his smell, let alone his sight.

My wolf, as strong as she had gotten from Ryan's claim, didn't seem to be responsive. I could hear her ever so slightly, screaming at me like before, but it was too distant. I rolled my head around on my shoulders and caught sight of what was bounding me. Silver chains clamped against my skin, burning it with every little movement. It felt like I had clamped my hand down on a flat iron, and was leaving it there. Allowing it to blister.

My eyes closed and I dropped my head. I couldn't connect with my wolf, so she couldn't connect to Ryan or anyone in the pack. A long painful sigh escaped my lips.

"Welcome back, my dear." Lucifer's voice boomed. He startled me, because I guess I almost fell asleep. I didn't bother to look up, or even open my eyes. I was disgusted by everything. His hands felt even more disgusting on me than before, and I felt them graze my neck.

He tsked me, clicking his tongue to the roof of his mouth. His hands stung against my mark, and I hissed at him. "What a shame. You spread your legs for someone other than me." He chuckled softly, and I looked up at him. Completely and utterly disgusted.

"I hate you." I spat. I didn't bother having a civil conversation with the bastard. He wasn't worth my time.

"Tell me something," he completely ignored my comment, which didn't seem to affect him. "Ryan has no chill huh? Always getting into every girls pants. He's an alpha, and you just can't scratch the itch that he needs." He chuckled.

I longed for Ryan, to come and save me. I looked down at my feet and let out a breath.

"I'm sick of him." He stated, kicking something with his foot. "He always gets everything I want. Always get the girls, the luck, the rank. Everything." He hissed.

This was out of jealousy.

"That's what this is about." I huffed. My voice croaked from dryness, and I let out a unstable breath. His hand cupped my neck and he smiled wickedly.

"I was suppose to be the alpha, not him." He growled. I coughed and stared into his eyes. I hadn't noticed until now, he and Ryan have the same eyes.

"Your his brother." The whole thing mocked me dramatically. My eyes fell to the floor and I wheezed.

"I was so angry at my father, my wolf got the best of me and I almost killed my sisters. They made me seem unstable- and sent me away." He breathed.

"Since then, I've always wanted to hurt Ryan, hurt the pack. And now that you've got him wrapped around your little finger- I can easily just kill you, and the whole pack will go to ruin." He smiled wickedly. His nose ran across my neck and I hissed.

His explanation was sloppy. It sounded like he actually hadn't planned it. It's not like he knew I was Ryan's mate until after Ryan found me. That just made him want me even more.

I was speechless nonetheless. My heart pounded and I never looked up to meet his eyes. Pure jealousy would be burning in his eyes, for the rank, the love, and the respect. He was going to kill me to get a rank.

I deserved it.
I needed to die.
I couldn't keep the thought from my mind.

"Where's your mate?" I spoke unexpectedly. I finally lifted my eyes to meet his and he shook his head. It was a stupid question considering the circumstances.

He cleared his throat.
"I rejected him." Him. My heart pounded. "As much as I wanted to be with him, I couldn't. No one would have accepted a gay alpha, and I didn't really accept it myself. He was worthless anyways."

I swallowed. This man had too much. "What was his name?" I asked, my throat dry. Lucifer shook his head, and completely ignored my question.

"You already know too much." He turned on his heels and walked out.