Twenty two

Ryan:

"Congratulations," Mark, one of my men said. I smiled, and thanked him. "Where is your lovely fianće?" I tried to push aside how he commented about her being lovely, and quietly shrugged.

"She went to bed." I didn't mention why. I completely tired her out, to where she didn't want to come down here. I felt bad, but she didn't stop me until it hurt, and it was my wolf's fault for not letting me take control.

"Oh, well, tell her I said congrats." Mark walked off with a wave of a hand to go back to his own mate. She was a shy girl, and didn't really talk to anyone. Including me.

I sighed. Why was I even down here? Oh, yeah. To celebrate. It wasn't really a celebration without Taylor. That's just how it has to be. I wanted to crawl into bed next to her, and sleep but I had to be down here, or someone would notice I'm gone.

I tiredly ran a hand across my face, and through my hair. The music playing was too loud and it was giving me a head ache. I felt like my father- hating parties- at the age of twenty one. It was sad really.

"Congratulations," two arms wrapped around my waist, and brown hair covered my vision. Her body shook like she had been crying, and I instantly wrapped my arms around her. I inhaled her cocoanut smell, and sighed.

My heart hurt, as her head lifted to catch my eyes. Peyton. Her chocolate brown eyes bore into mine, and her eyes were burning with red veins. She had been crying.

"Hey, don't cry." I begged. Before I met Taylor, Peyton and I had a steady relationship, that lasted almost two years. When I met Taylor, she understood and didn't bother me. I felt horrible seeing her like this. I wiped a tear from under her eye and sighed.

"Even if your with her, just know that I'll love you." She whispered. I closed my eyes and pulled her into a tighter hug.

"You'll find yours one day," I promised her, "but I love you too, Peyton." I held her in my arms as long as I could, until it was appropriate to let go.

"I know." She choked, and before I could reply, she turned and walked back into the crowd. Leaving me with mixed emotions about everything.

I thought that since I found Taylor, my emotions for Peyton would disappear, yet they hadn't. Did I make the right choice?

Of course I did. I loved Taylor with all my heart. Although I still had feelings for Peyton, it was nothing compared to Taylor.

I'm just stressed. That's all. I told myself. From all the pack stuff, to my mind always going to what happened to Taylor, to trying to make everyone happy.

Yeah, that's it.

After an few more conversations with people I hardly know. I couldn't handle it anymore, and climbed the stairs. The party could run itself out for all I care. I shuffled into the bedroom, stripped my jeans and t-shirt off and climbed into bed next to Taylor. She shifted into my arms and kissed my chest lightly.

"Did you have fun?" Her eyes were closed and her voice was full of sleep. I slowly nodded my head, and kissed her hair before breathing out a breath I had been holding in.

"Go to sleep, Tay." I let my lips linger on her head. Her fingers curled on my skin and her breathing slowed back to her sleeping state.

I knew I made the right decision, when her arms wrapped around my waist and and said my name in her sleep.