Eleven

Taylor:

Four kids. The simple words kept my mind running throughout the morning. I just couldn't figure it out, at least not on my own. What did she mean? Four kids. Did she just say the wrong thing, or did one of them pass away? She didn't seem upset about it. Not one bit. It was strange.

Ryan didn't really help last night, and I didn't really pester him about it either. When I woke up this morning he was gone, and left me one of his signature notes on the mirror. He had to do done 'business' with another pack.

"You're up early." I piped up as I saw Ava walk through the living room door. She turned to me with a tired expression and shook her head, "always am. Baby's can be a real pain." She grunted and released a yawn. I couldn't really share her feelings, but I sort of wanted to.

"He's up when he wants, where he wants, and how he wants. It gets annoying considering it's-" she checked her phone "seven in the morning. Anyways, shouldn't you be sleeping in? Not to sound rude or anything, but you never beat me awake." I shook my head at her and gave her a quick smile.

"According to Ryan, I have to lead some training today." I rolled my eyes. "Last night I was talking to Gloria, and she said she had four kids, what was that about?"

Ava seemed to be taken back a minute. Her eyes opened wider than before, but she quickly managed to hide it. She hesitated before shaking her head, "my mother is quite...loopy sometimes. She probably just miscounted or something, ya know?" I slowly nodded. She wasn't exactly telling the truth.

"Ava, who was the fourth child?" I asked blankly. The words seemed to just slip from my mouth. She opened her mouth to say something, but just her luck Ethan started crying, "look, I've gotta go." She turned on her heels and zoomed out of the room.

A long sigh escaped my lips, and I continued into the kitchen. I pulled a water out of the freezer and made my way to the training area.

It reeked of sweat and faint hints of blood from some overly aggressive fighters. I hadn't been in here for a few weeks, but nothing seemed to change, all except for a few pieces of workout equipment in the corner.

As much as I tried to think of something else, the four kids thing kept popping up into my mind. Ava wasn't exactly telling me the truth in it all. Gloria could be a little goofy, but not to that point. She wasn't insane. At least, not that insane. She had to be a little, since she was a human putting up with an entire pack of werewolves.

"Ten laps around the arena. It's not that hard." I repeated, watching as men and women started jogging their laps. I wasn't going to make them run 100 laps around the borders. I mean, they're Werewolves not super humans. Even dogs get tired sometimes.

I decided to participate in the jog, to try and clear my mind from all this nonsense. I stopped along side a girl, who acted like she was too good to kick her feet up and run. She glanced at me from the corner of her eye before rolling them.

"I said run." I blankly stated. She stopped her walking and turned to me. Her black hair was to her shoulders, her boobs were hanging out of her croptop. I nearly gagged at the image.

"No." She growled. I growled back, "what did you say?" She did not just tell me no. I cannot stand when someone does not listen to me. She leaned into my face and smirked, "no."

"And what makes you think you can say that?" I bluntly stated. My teeth were clenched together, and I watched her stance falter. "Your no better than anyone else here." I continued as she stood there.

"Actually," she poked my nose, "I do believe I'm better than...you." She smirked satisfied by her comeback.

"I'd advice you just go and run, so we can start training." I spat through gritted teeth. This bitch was just pushing my buttons. She rolled her eyes.

"What, finally get some dick and your thinking your all that?" She commented. I opened my mouth but she continued on her own, "I mean, it's nothing new. Ryan gives it away like candy on Halloween. Your just too easy. Anyone can agree. I mean, look where he found you- at a whore house." I felt my blood boil.

She not only insulted our mate, she insulted the fact that I was being taunted by the place I hated most. I knew everyone was listening, that entire arena was dead silent. I balled my fists at the girl, but something stopped me from swinging.

"Let it go, Taylor. It's not worth it." Jason had my arms bound behind my body, and I tried to focus on my breathing. I probably would have killed the girl if it wasn't for him. "I'll take over, just go cool off, alright?" I simply nodded.

He gives it away like candy on Halloween.
Whore house.

The words kept panging in my chest. Did Ryan cheat on me? I hadn't bothered to even let that pass my mind. I've never thought about it. No, he wouldn't. Would he?

Did he believe what she said? That I came from a whore house. So many girls got raped, but not at their permission. They call it rape for a reason. What about all the men and women that lost their lives in those cells?

Instead of going inside, I walked out the back door and ran. I didn't bother to stop until I found where I was going. My mind could hardly function at what she said.

I upruptly came to a halt, and stared ahead of me. Just like I had expected, my secret spot was still here. The tiny pond, no bigger than eight feet, still ripped in the cool. The tall grass was turned into it's crisp golden color. There wasn't anything too special about the place. It was calm, and a quiet place.

I hadn't been here in months. Years maybe. As tired as I was, I dropped to my knees and never took my eyes off the scenery. I let out a unsteady breath.

'it's not true.' My wolf tried to assure me. She didn't seem to sure herself, and I didn't even bother to listen to her as she screamed into my mind. She was screaming at me to pay attention, and I could hardly hear it.

I was too overwhelmed by what had happened. This has happened too many times to count and I didn't know why. I over reacted too many times. Somehow, this always gets the best of me. Anna called is post dramatic or something like that. I relived my memories in normal events. This one, was like the day I was being captured.

Taylor!' She grunted. I lifted my head from the ground to see someone coming closer to me. Male, dark hair, dark eyes. I wasn't sure if this was a memory of not, but either way I was on my feet in seconds running for my life. This had to be a dream. It played out somewhat like before.

As fast as I was going it seemed nearly impossible that he could catch up. I turned to see where he was, and the man had almost completely caught up. When his hand caught my arm, I knew it was too real. This touch wasn't like my dreams. His hands were ice cold, and his hand latched into my hair.

"Hey honey, did you....miss me?" His breath was on my face, and I struggled in his grip. He was choking me with his free hand, and I clawed at his arm to release.

'Help....' I cried out. My vision went blurry, and my eyelids went heavy.

______

I know you'll hate me for this, but tbh it was the best idea I have had in forever. I've had some bad writers block, but since this idea popped into my head, I'll have some better chapters ahead.