Chapter 6: ISO

This is a work of Fictions. Any names, places, stories, or events are fictitious. Please kindly understand that i am just a mere amateur writer. Thank you.

A Vote is very much appreciated.

~~~~~~~~

Chapter 6: ISO

As soon as i heard that deafening silence. My heart raced. Just one question and that will change everything.

"Love..." i called her. She was staring through the camera ad was probably thinking.

"Why...?" She suddenly said after a few minutes.

"Dad said it's for the best. This- them knowing about the line of work i did could probably save them. Than them, not knowing. It will probably make them cautious of others or ... you get it, right?" I rummaged. I couldn't find exact word to explain what i meant.

I heard her sigh and looked away, sadness and fear crept into her eyes.

"But they've been doing okay. Our twins are almost eighteen and they're okay not knowing." She said.

"Look, love. Dad is getting surgery-"

"Why? What happened? How is he?" She asked suddenly.

"He's doing fine. Just some tumor in his stomach. Anyway, he asked me to take over for a while. A month or two, and I'll probably b flying there and here or staying a week here and there. My point is, I'm going back in the ISO and somebody would ought to know and they might come after you guys there, knowing you're my family and you're all important to me. I'll probably be here when they do and that worries me. I want you all to be safe and sound and I'll do everything to make that happen but I'll need everyone's cooperation to do so." I explained.

A few minutes passed by and no one spoke between us two. I was so sure this might cause another argument, but a sigh just escaped her mouth.

"You're right. The line of job we did are both risky and might put one of us in danger. Okay, you can tell Nayeli first and when you come back, you'll tell the other two. I can't make my self tell them... sorry, love" she admitted.

"It's all right, love. Thank you for understanding my point. I love you"

"I love you too, i just want our kids to grow safely..."

"I know and you're doing your very best, I'm really proud of you" i said smiling at her. She was the best thing that came in my life, i will do everything to keep her safe, and keep our kids safe. They're my foundation.

"Thank you" she said, then comfotable silence was around us, "Okay, we'll talk again tomorrow." She said, after a yawn.

"Okay, love. I love you, Good night" i said sending her a flying kiss. I shut the laptop off and went to my bed.

....

"Ma! Wake up!" I heard Nayeli called, shaking my body.

"What?" I asked. I was still sleepy and i knew it's still not six in the morning.

"Granddad is awake and has already done his jog. What about you?" She asked still shaking me. For a kid near her eighteenth, she still act like twelve sometimes.

"I don't have a morning jog here" i said pulling the pillow above my head. I felt her tug my pillow but i was clinging on to it and her strength can't be compared to mine even if she won many tournaments. I still don't stop my work out so i don't feel that rusty.