Chapter 19: Hope

This is a work of Fictions. Any names, places, stories, or events are fictitious. Please kindly understand that i am just an mere amateur writer. Thank you.

A Vote is very much appreciated.

~~~~~~~~

Chapter 19: Hope

"Good Morning, Miss Scott" the City Mayor greeted me upon entering the conference room. I was wearing a cloth mask and had my glasses on.

There were about twenty people sitting around the rectangular table and three people in front. I sat in the middle seat that they guided me to and looked around everyone.

This people are mostly public figures and a few businessman. Today, we're going to discuss the future plan for the City. Unknown to the public, their city had been infiltrated with a dangerous criminal and of course, since i was here, I'm responsible with relaying messages. They've also instructed me to listen to the plan the City has in mind.

The problem is, the people in here are all unnecessary, aside from the city chief, Chirf Reid. He's the only person i deemed to see necessary in the job. What could the head of agricultural affairs do?

I only listened to what they had to say in this discussion and never uttered a single word or suggestion. I may look uninterested in the meeting for having my head rest on my hand as my elbow supported, but i really am uninterested. Their plan would only benefit this business minded people and the citizen would suffer, specially the lower class.

"That's all we would be talking about, thank you everyone for attending" the mayor said and an applause passed in the room. I continued sitting on my chair waiting for everyone to leave, except for the mayor. But everyone tried offering me of something which i declined with a little 'no thank you' sentence.

"Miss Scott, we've prepared something for you. Please let's go into my office" the secretary said and got up, following her. Chief Reid was with us and the Vice Mayor, Miss Luxy.

Miss Jennifer pulled the chair for me and a table full of food was there.

"Please, eat to you content, Miss Scott" Miss Luxy said.

"I know you all noticed that i disagree with the plan" i said, starting the conversation. I held my cup of coffee and had a sip.

"Yes, we're also pretty shocked with the presentation. It was very different to the one we had reviewed." Reid said, taking a sandwich.

"It was Mr. Brown, the head of Disaster Affair who went rogue." The mayor said.

In the span of an hour, we've only talked about how they should plan ahead. By starting to remove the rotten apples in the fruit basket. Corruption start with just one single person and a domino will start.

As i made my way out the building, i saw Angel getting off her shift. I sneaked on her and just as she exit the building, i grabbed her hand.

"Boo!" I added. It sounds stupid but it works. I startled her and almost made her jump the few flight of stairs.

"Fuck! You scared me!" She said, holding her chest. I laughed at her because it was a genuine reaction. People in this building have two faces and only wants you to have them on your good side.

"I'm sorry but you should've seen your face" i said still laughing.

"Yeah, yeah, i look ugly and all... you shouldn't sneak on people" she scolded.

"Did i say you're ugly?" I questioned, "you look amazing in that dress. Plus, you're really beautiful, you must have a lot of suitors"

A swarm of redness flowed through her entire face like the nose of Rudolph the reindeer. She looked away and i just laughed at her.