Chapter 25: Blessing or a curse?

This is a work of Fictions. Any names, places, stories, or events are fictitious. Please kindly understand that i am just an mere amateur writer. Thank you.

A Vote is very much appreciated.

~~~~~~~~

Chapter 25: Blessing or a Curse?

"You?!" I asked surprised. "And you? And you? Guys! You're all here!" I said with excitement.

"Of course, it's been a while though!" Zane greeted first and bro hugged me.

"You look good, Naye" July said giving me a kiss on the cheeks.

"Thanks" i said hugging her.

"Nayeli's all grown up" Miles faked cry.

"Shut up" i nudge at her.

"It's nice seeing you but you know we all should talk first, given you, suddenly disappearing and appearing." July commented. I just smiled sheepishly with them and nodded.

Seeing these three people had me all excited. It's been three years since I've cut ties with them without notice when i entered the organization but i don't know why they're here.

"Mom, I'll be talking with my friends in the backyard." I told mom who was about to call someone.

"Oh sure, Josie is in the kitchen, you can ask her for some snacks. She's a new helper for today" mom said giving me a smile.

"Ok, thanks" i said and went to the kitchen, meeting Josie and asking her for some beverages and food.

"How have you been guys?" Was the first question i asked when we sat down the patio.

The weather felt nice.

"You don't get to question us after disappearing on us" Miles said crossing her arms.

She looks great with the body she's been dreaming of since high school she's the Butch she'd always wanted to be. Toned and tanned with a clean cut.

"Yeah, i agree with her" Zane said nodding in agreement.

Zane was more tanned than he used to be. His body was more than toned, he used to be as thin as a stick, now he was muscle-y? His blonde hair were more prominent because of his tanned color. He looked like a typical lifeguard jock.

"I second that. First, How are you?" July asked.

July has her own group back in high school but she's one of my closest friend along with the two, she looks beautiful like she does back then. Her ginger hair used to fall down her butt now it only reaches her shoulder, it gave her the mature look. Although, i still quite remember how she confessed to me. Reason why she stayed with her other friends.

"I'm doing fine. Had two degrees actually" i said rubbing the back of my head.

"What? No way, it's only been three to four years" Zane disagreed.

"Yeah, and with the looks of your body, i don't think you'll have that much of a time for gym if you're aiming for two degrees" Miles commented.

"I really do have degrees, in philosophy and Intelligence. Did a trimester while taking them both and graduated about a year and a half. Been working on some experience now"

"By experience, you mean tagging with you still hot mama?" July said humorly.

"I don't know about a hot mama, but you do know my mama used to be an officer too, right?" I said, reminding them the story of how mom met mama. Just leaving the undercovers, incidents and the ISO part out.