Chapter 14:Toast and coffee

This is a work of Fictions. Any names, places, stories, or events are fictitious. Please kindly understand that i am just an mere amateur writer. Thank you.

A Vote is very much appreciated.

Since February is here now... here's a new chapter! Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~

Chapter 14: Toast and Coffee

"Have you packed up everything?" Yves asked placing my only luggage in the trunk.

"Yeah, I got my gadgets here in my bag and clothes there" I said, showing her the inside of my bag.

"You suddenly leaving makes me sad... was this why we were given that week off?" She said with sadness.

"Hey this only means we can grow on our own. Like you said, we can't be together always." I said, hugging her for the last time.

"I'll see you soon. I'm sure i'll go back after I train also and before I get deployed" she said.

"Yeah. Take care of yourself here okay? You can call me anytime. I'm sure Ma would help you too" I said, smiling at her. Deep inside, I was sad to leave my good friend, she has been with me, sticking through hardship and stressful days and night. Now we're going to part.

"It's like the last time I saw you smiled like that was three years ago, before we left. There's a possibility you'll bump into her, I truly hope you've healed" she said returning the same smile.

"Yeah right... I'm going now. See you" I said to her with a wave before walking to the car. My mother's secretary was the one driving me to the airport, so Yves didn't get the chance to drive me for the last time.

"Take care, Idiot!" she shouted as the car drove away.

"Keep Safe, Idiot!" I replied, screaming at the open window.

I didn't want to feel sad parting with her because I know I will see her still. I just couldn't help it.

Upon arriving at the airport, Mr. Secretary didn't bother waiting for me to board and left me alone.

I was wearing my winter clothes since it's basically winter. I waited about half an hour before my flight was called and I had to board. When I sat on my place, I just remembered I got a phone now.

I did have a phone, but the only thing inside there was mama's contacts, the school and the organization. I wasn't allowed to communicate outside. I got a phone just for our schoolmate then but I had to destroy it after graduating. It may sound too much but I had to limit m traces physically and Virtually.

I should've sent a message to my sister. I don't even know her address.

Although no one was picking me up, I did check my accounts and now they weren't frozen anymore. I withdraw some cash cause I was hungry. then I heard my phone rang.

"Hello?" I asked forgetting to check the caller ID.

"Hey idiotic sister of mine! I missed you but with your short notice I can't leave where I am. Even though I want to pick you up i'm very busy and won't be back till tomorrow. So get in a Taxi and tell them the Address I just sent you—"

"Wow and I thought you would be excited to see me—"

"I am. I'm just unusually busy today. But anyway, I also sent you the passcode and can you please feed the cat?"

"You have a cat?" I ask, surprised. I never knew my sister would get a cat after years apart.

"It's not mine, it's the neighbor. anyway don't forget that. i'll see you tomorrow." she said and I just sighed at her. She didn't change at all. still as busy as she was.