Chapter 12: Beginning

This is a work of Fictions. Any names, places, stories, or events are fictitious. Please kindly understand that i am just an mere amateur writer. Thank you.

A Vote is very much appreciated.

~~~~~~~~

Chapter 12: Beginning.

Days have been passing by very boringly. I go to school, i study, then i train, then i either bring Max home or go home myself. Max have been very busy with the council like my sister and i think they forgot our birthday. Which is today.

I've been looking all over the school for Max and there's no sign of her. She and i are just like any normal couple that gets into fight sometimes. The only problem is, we fight everyday that i find no time to tell her about my college choices. She only knew i was going to Sanconi University.

"Happy Birthday" i greeted as soon as i entered her office. She's been buried deep in her papers that she's been forgetting to pass her homework, which the teachers kind of understood.

"Is it our birthday yet?" She asked not looking at me, but continued reading the paper. What could the council be up to, for her to do this much?

"It's today" i answered.

"Damn, happy birthday sis. Could you get me a water, I'm dying here" she said still writing up some document.

"What have you been up to? You're so busy, you even forgot to bring Ghyne with you, good thing i haven't left before you" i said.

"Oh shit, did i? I've been trying to tie the loose ends here, so when the next president takes over, they could see how organized i was" she said, leaning back on her chair.

"That's just wrong. Just fix a few things then relax, we're almost graduating now. Let them handle the situation from now on" i stated.

"Yeah, and the result of the election should be out by tomorrow, i didn't even checked who's winning. I let Max handle it"

"Speaking of Max, have you seen her? I've been going around and haven't seen her"

"Oh, she asked for a half day. She's probably home now." She said and i suddenly felt awful. Like something was wrong. Well, something is definitely wrong, Max never ask for half days.

"Did she greet you?" I asked. She's probably at home, and planning to surprise me right? That should be it.

"No, i don't remember her greeting me. She's been acting strange lately too. She gets irritated easily too" she said, "well, i gotta get back to work. I'll see you at home, and I'll keep what you said, in mind"

"Sure, see you" i said and left.

Max is acting strange? She sure is. For a while now, I've noticed her acting so strange. She's becoming more distant. She's been becoming more irritable. She's not on her period yet.

I let the time troll by, i even skipped training and drove to her house. I observed the surroundings and noticed an unfamiliar car in their driveway  while her parent's car was not there. Did they change it?

I knocked on the door but no one answered, I'm sure there was someone here since the lights were on.

I checked the key on the pot where they hide it and unlocked the door.