Chapte 33

A burning rage like none I have ever felt starts coursing through my body as I stare at my best friends lifeless body. She was never meant to be a part of this. Claire has always been the shining light in the darkness and he took that from me. He took her from me with a smile on his face. He took her just like he took anything good in my life.

I look from her small form up to my father. His haughty look disappears and turns to one of fear as I slowly stand and break the ropes binding my hands and legs. My wings take on a life of their own and smoothly shoot from my back. I begin to walk towards him my whole body shaking with rage. My eyes are glowing and a buzz of energy is surrounding my body.

I can hear people speaking around me but can't make out the words. I'm numb to everything except the unbridled hate I have for the man in front of me.

I easily glide forward. "I'm going to slowly suck the life out of your worthless body." I sneer.

I raise my hands and beckon for him to come forward. He fights the pull at first but quickly obeys my command. When he is in front of my I motion for him to stop and I smile as I see that he realizes he can't fight me. I'm not the weak little girl that he thinks I am. I'm not the worthless waste of space he assumed. I'm finally awake and I'm going to make him pay.

I begin to focus on making him feel all the anguish and pain that I have felt because of him. The pain of losing my mother, the pain of feeling like a monster, the pain from losing Claire.

"Please...Stop...No.!" He chokes out with tears in his eyes. He begins gasping for air as he falls to his knees.

I want him to feel all the pain and suffering that he has ever caused me and everyone that he has ever hurt before. I send wave after wave of these feelings at him. I watch as his body is slowly crumpling to the floor as he gasps and his eyes are bulging and he takes one last gasp of air and goes limp.

I then turn my focus to Calvin and wave my hand toward him and he collapses to the floor. Everything gets quiet and the sound of fighting quickly recedes as I make my way to Claires lifeless form.

I stoop down to her and lift her where she is on my lap. My hands begin stroking her hair and I finally let all the tears begin to fall. I begin to remember all the times that she made me laugh with her quirky remarks and the way she could turn the darkest days to the happiest. How could someone so pure and innocent die so tragically?

"Lily?" I turn to the voice and see Zach slowly approaching me with his hands extended as if he's approaching a feral animal. I can't believe he is scared of me. I would never hurt him. I turn back to Claire and put my hands on her chest where the dagger had entered and focus all of my energy on healing her.

"Come on Claire, you said that you would always be here. You can't go yet. It's not your time!" I declare as white sparks shoot from my finger tips. I begin to massage the wound and watch as it begins to close and with a jolt Claire shoots forth in my hands with a loud gasp.

"Damn it Lily. What took you so long?" She asks with a smile as she throws her arms around my neck and hugs me tightly.

"I was starting to enjoy the quiet. I guess that's over now." Gabriel sighs.

"Don't lie. I saw your face when he shanked me. You likkkkke me. You were so sad. I think I even saw a tear." Claire says as she turns to him.

"Nope. Not a chance. I was happy I finally didn't have to worry about being attacked by a pint sized Amazonian." He says with a smile.